What's new

Mario Golf Problem

danky

Im trying to play Mario Golf with Glide 64 Wonder Plus and im having a few difficulties. When i get into my shot, the whole background is black except for My golfer, The wind indicator, and my shot bar. Also sometimes when i hit the ball, the whole screen will go black until it lands. Any fixes?

Clements

He stated that he had a X800XL in his other thread.

Mario Golf works more or less fine for me with Glide64, probably a setting problem.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
when you change n64 graphics plugin, you change emulator.
when you change emulator, you change forum.

thanks.
that should probably go in the rules somewhere.

OP
D

danky

So because im still using P64 cept im using a different graphic plugin i use this thread instead? Im sorry i just figured since im using P64 it would go under P64.

But anways, ill tell you what i have for my settings Clements, maybe you can help me. Also, usually after my tee-shot my fps drop amazingly low, and the screen like turns sideways. I can give screenshots if you dont understand.

Autodetect Microcode - on
(force microcode 0:RSP SW 2.0X (ex. Mario)

Rendering
Resolution 640x480
Wireframe using "Vertex Colors" - Blurred out but Unchecked
Filtering Mode - Blurred out but Unchecked
Buffer Swapping Method - Blurred out but Unchecked
LOD Calculation: Precise
Fog - Blurred out but checked
Buffer clear on every frame - Blurred out but unchecked
Vertical Sync - Unchecked
Fast Texture checksum calculation - Unchecked

Only thing checked on the right side of the settings is:
Depth buffer clear (blurred out but checked)
Depth buffer render checked

Other

Custom ini settings- Checked
Hotkeys- Checked

Clements

Here are my configs and screenshot. I use the latest version of Glide64 with the improved hacktarux wrapper that was recently released. Note that the game slows down to about 30-60% speed even with my system. The graphics are almost perfect though.

OP
D

danky

Im getting 8fps full screen...and im getting 60 window. but then as soon as i hit the ball its going straight down, then the screen becomes like my post above, and then turns all black. Then when its next shot its normal for hte beginning, then i hit it and it begins all over again.

OP
D

danky

Actually now im using Jabo's Direct 3D8 1.6 for video and Azimer's HLE v.0.56 WIP 1 for audio. Everything is fine now. 0 problems.

OP
D

danky

And now it doesnt work? WHAT THE HELL.. Is there a way for the program to tell me WHY its not functioning properly? My cpu goes up to 100% while dropping the fps. I am seriously so confused.