What's new

Mario golf, poor performance on decent system please help

Bluemeanie

Plays at 60 fps except when going to the swing screen, then it drops to 30, same when the ball lands after a shot...
Running it on project 64

I have a p4 2.8
512 ddr 2700 ram
gf4 ti4800se
win 98

what could possibly be the problem?
I haven't had a problem with any other game, and have downloaded it a few times from different sorces to try and make sure the rom was good..

Thanks for the help
-Blue

euphoria

Emutalk Member
I use 1964 w/ Jabo 1.4 & Azimer 0.40 beta 2. Works ok, no slowdowns. Just make sure that you've selected from gfx plugin under Advanced tab the Emulate Clear option for Frame Buffer Emulation since this game uses framebuffer to do certain effects and this gets slow when emulating them (if they even work at all, which is the case with MarioGolf).

PS. don't use the Jabo 1.50 since it crashes with MarioGolf

Stez02k

*~ Mr. Trance ~*
Bluemeanie said:
Plays at 60 fps except when going to the swing screen, then it drops to 30, same when the ball lands after a shot...
Running it on project 64

I have a p4 2.8
512 ddr 2700 ram
gf4 ti4800se
win 98

what could possibly be the problem?
I haven't had a problem with any other game, and have downloaded it a few times from different sorces to try and make sure the rom was good..

Thanks for the help
-Blue

strange man, should work fine, try messin about with plugins etc... and ALWAYS keep your drivers up to date, a good choice for newer pentiums is intel application accellerator, gives ya pc quite a big boost, i used it on my old pIII