What's new

Mario Boot Logo

Moose Jr.

Raging Moose
I was goofing off and whipped (and I do mean whipped) this together for anyone who wants to add some spice to the boot process by having a Mario-themed Win2k loading screen.

Mario Boot Logo (150kb bmp)

You'll need to know how to modify your boot logo if you don't already. There's an excellent tutorial on how to do that here:

http://www.littlewhitedog.com/reviews_other_00027.asp

Enjoy! :)

Edit: Sorry Mods if this is in the wrong forum. It's seemed appropriate enough to me at the time.

Last edited:

Remote

I haven't checked it but maybe you could give us a quick description and a screenshot of what it is?

nullroute

Lost and loving it
loving it... but unfortunately, my main computer is ghetto-rigged to a 20 inch NCD monitor that doesn't support a hSync slower than 50kHz. Since the original VGA standard modes had hSync of 31.5 kHz and 35 kHz, text modes and boot logos don't show. The monitor doesn't even turn on until the boot process is complete and the system is ready for loggin.

Thanks anyways tho

OP
Moose Jr.

Moose Jr.

Raging Moose
Remote said:
I haven't checked it but maybe you could give us a quick description and a screenshot of what it is?

*slaps forehead* Doh!

I changed it. Thanks for the hedz /\. :)

nullroute

Lost and loving it
you should concider correcting the spelling of Micro$hit... sorry for that out burst of turret's, but I survived the disaster of '95... I remember when it all burned down. (sound like a crazy Nam Vet don't I...)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Just one note: your boot.ini is insecure. I, for example, has messed with the boot.ini on purpose to suit my purpose. What if you have windows installed on another partition/disk than default? What if you have several others OSes installed? It will all be lost or messed up.

I think you should give more detailed instructions on like copying your default OS boot-up and making changes to it. There's no other secure way.

OP
Moose Jr.

Moose Jr.

Raging Moose
You're right. If anything, I should have only offered the 16-color image I used. I'm not too savvy with comps, so it was rather rash judgement to post that. I'll edit my first post.