What's new

Many shoot em up games on the N64?

HShadow

Playstation 1 basher
I like Star Fox 64 but are their any shoot 'em ups like Star Soldier? Were any released in Japan for example that i may not have seen?

Thanks all.

:)

apzrman

Banned
I think that star wars shadows of the empire is a shoot 'em up game. It's been a long time since i played a nintendo star wars game, so if this isn't the one your looking for, then just delete it ( if you want) and have a look at the other games at www.ididntreadtherules.net

Last edited by a moderator:

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
^^ Jesus Christ, man, no rom links. Read the rules... edit that post. Also, SotE is only part-shooter. It deals with actual, on-ground levels quite a lot. I suggest Rogue Squadron - it's not currently emulated, but it is on the N64.

Last edited:

Allnatural

There isn't much to choose from unfortunately.The only traditional shmup that comes to mind (besides Star Soldier) is Dezaemon 3D, which plays an awful lot like Rayforce. A couple of non-traditional shooters worth playing are Tsumi to Batsu (Sin and Punishment) and Bakuretsu Muteki Bangai-O. All three were Japan only.

Tjalian

Bakuretsu Muteki Bangai-O <-- That game gets the OFFICIAL~! Tjalian Seal of Awesomeness. Definate Reccomendation to any-one (if it'll emulate at a good FPS >.>)