What's new

Making Plugins

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Aww, goto the Emulation64 network on irc and ask some authors. Then look into the Glide64 threads (from the beginning), lot's of technical stuff :)

OP
doggie

doggie

Banned
Doomulation said:
Aww, goto the Emulation64 network on irc and ask some authors. Then look into the Glide64 threads (from the beginning), lot's of technical stuff :)
i only use the chat client on emutalk jIRC but nobody talks in there

:plain:

mesman00

What's that...?
doggie said:
i only use the chat client on emutalk jIRC but nobody talks in there

:plain:

well theres an easy solution to that. Get mIRC (www.mirc.com), log onto efnet, sign in to the emulation64 channel (channel name: emulation64)

Cyberman

doggie said:
so no links to guides on starting a plugin for n00bs with C++?:blush:

1. How you write your plugin is highly dependant on the compilor you use, I would suggest using CALLBACK for VC++ or BCB it seems to rectify many problems I've encountered with both.
  2. The Zilmar specs come WITH PJ64 .. get them, READ them.
  3. Start with a DLL project in VC++ or BCB
  4. Do NOT export any objects PERIOD. Only simple orthogonal types such as pointers (void prefered). Char strings etc.
  5. I suggest getting the GUI components functional first, this will make debugging easier later on, at least it did for me.
    [/list=1]

Cyb <finally able to login!>

aprentice

this thread is rediculous. first of all, learn c. second, just forget it. you're not ready to code a plugin, get some experience. there is no "guide" on making plugins, if you had half a clue you would be able to start the plugin. i've seen too many guys like you on this board pull the same stunt. i know you really want to contribute to the scene, but maybe now is not the right time. no offence, someone had to speak up, and i guess that person was me.

Cyberman

doggie said:
god.. another lamer huh? well i am learning C++ :satisfied a little help implenting it would be good but obviously ur being an arse about it so just don't post:getlost:

Well you were considering a graphics plugin? I would do something like an input plugin the first time, it's the simplest of them and it would let you learn the basics of dealing with the information.

This is what I'm doing.. only it's not particularly fast work sadly (laughs).

Cyb

doggi

Banned
well.. i am trying whatever is easier at first then maybe advance myself.. so where could i find some info on input plugin development? download an open source one and study it?

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Just download Def's input plugin source or the one from N-rage.

That will be enough for now.

And read zilmar spec input header file...

ShadowPrince

Re: Re: Maybe...

Doggi,i wouldn't suggest you to start with DirectX based plugins.

But basic keyboard input plugin is a good thing to start with,so download source from emulation64 or ngemu.

You don't need to have uber elite skills for doing input plugin ,so don't be afraid :).