What's new

Making High Resolution Textures

GreatBarrier

I'm like to give it a shot but i have no idea what i need to do it. Is it just a matter of increasing the resolution of each of the dumped textures? or is there more to it than just that?

Clements

Simply increasing the size of the raw texture would give zero IQ difference. You need to know your way around Photoshop or any other professional art package before even attempting it, and remake the texture from scratch for best results (applying a filter to the raw texture also looks very bad in almost all cases) at up to four times the original size.

Toasty

Sony battery
I'm interested in the same thing pretty much. Just how much artistic ability would I need? I was thinking of stretching the image using a simple filter (nearest neighbor or biliniar, depending on what seems most appropriate to the texture) and doing a lot of pixel tweaking, sharpening edges that should be sharpened, being creative to add detail in places that need it, and so on. That's the technique I used to get my avitar out of the old NES FF1 black mage and I don't think it turned out too badly. :happy: Of course, I'd try to add a little more color where appropriate. Hmm, guess I should just try it and see how it looks LOL.