What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Make roms load different texture packs

captainpipp

Hey i was wondering if anyone here would know how i could clone roms and have them load different texture packs. I would like to be able to load cell shaded or hi res OOT. I tried renaming the internal rom name and i see the textures loading from the folder but i dont get any hi res textures.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
The problem I think is all the textures also begin with the internal rom name so you'd have to rename all the textures as well.

Heres an example from a different game, a random texture:
ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK#3FAAA6FA#4#0_all.png

All the textures begin with "ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK" so i'm guessing that is the problem.

The easiest way I think to solve this would be to duplicate the entire emulator folder and put the specific texture pack you want in each of the plugin folders respectively - with the original roms internal name.

Pretty much have one emulator folder for cel shaded and one for high res.

microdev

Hey i was wondering if anyone here would know how i could clone roms and have them load different texture packs. I would like to be able to load cell shaded or hi res OOT. I tried renaming the internal rom name and i see the textures loading from the folder but i dont get any hi res textures.
Much better than changing Rom and texture pack names would be to change the plugin logic.

Actually this would be very easy:
All the plugins currently do is reading the internal rom name and looking for a folder with exactly the same name.

I planned once the "Pack Select" feature for the 1964Video plugin:
Instead of looking for exactly the same name, the plugin simply have to look for all folders starting with the internal rom name that way,
the folders might be named e.g. "ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK cell shade" and "ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK HiRes".
The textures in all those folders use the original internal rom name "ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK"

Then, all what is needed is the creation of a dialog that allows the user to select the pack he wants to use, if more than one pack is available.