What's new

Make my Dual core act as a BIG single?

Paulnpoosy

Hey im hoping this hasent been answeared yet but...
I have noticed how Zelda TP Needs to have Dual core off for it to run so i was wondering if there is a way(or if it will do anything) if i can put the power of both proccesors into just one to make Zelda run faster(if there is such a thing)
I would greatly appreciate any help..i do not know much bout GC emulation but i know alot of N64 emulation.
And while im at it i would like to know if my graphics and Cpu (in my nic) would work with Dolphin at any rate.
I apologise if I sound demanding or monialce..
Thank you for reading my concerns and for your help:)
(O )( O)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Use the Dolphin version that supports dual cores and has 64-bit optimizations. Read the stickies, they aren't there for nothing.

Malicious Hawk

Yeah I was really hoping for the same thing as Twilight Princess is getting only 6 fps ingame and only one of my cores are being used.. but I figure then it would be up to the computer to somehow split the one thread into two to be each procesed individually.... which I am afraid probably won;t work

Toasty

Sony battery
A thread can't be automagically split in two. The programmer must devise a way for a task to be split into two tasks that can be run concurrently. Hence, a dual-core processor offers little improvement over a single-core processor of equal specs when executing a single-threaded task.