What's new

Majora's mask

dallas

WHat is a known good plugin configuration for Zelda majora's mask because I just can't get it right the default one displays all funky and the other one's very very slow..

OP
D

dallas

No I mean the rendering devices rgb emulation and direct 3d hal rgb emulation looks very good but is very slow and direct 3d hal won't show hardly anything including the hearts the # of rupees any item Icons stuff like that k thanks

OP
D

dallas

specs

It actually is a decent pc. 1.1 ghz celeron processor, I am not sure on the video card but I haven't had any problems with it before and I watch quite a bit of movies and play tonz of games and stuff. Yeah direct3dhal is the one that displays bad. I've attached a picture. only 128mb ram. But I've set a very big paging file. Intel graphics controller if that tells you anything. Thanks for your help...

Clements

I've seen the pic- its your graphics card almost certainly, I'm afraid. You can either upgrade your drivers for it and hope, or buy a better card (GeForce 2,3,4 or ATI Radeon are very good bets)

bob172

I also have a problem w/ majora's mask. It keeps telling me that the graphics pluggin hav an access violation when i put on the goron mask. that message keeps poping up. i am using Jabo_Direct3D6.

Clements

dallas said:
How much is a better card?

Go to an independant store or buy online, and get them to install it for you. My card cost me £59.99 ($89.99) and it can run Majora with no probs (apart from known issues) I'd advise against PC superstores as they rip you off.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
dallas,

Direct3D HAL (hardware abstraction layer, how it interfaces with
the hardware 3D acceleration function of video hardware)

RGB Emulation
(all 3D rendering done by software, emulating the 3D functions
of video cards with software instead of truly using the hardware 3D accelerator of video hardware thus majorly slow)

The GFX being messed up only with Direct3D HAL and *not*
RGB Emulation is *bad*!!! This is a telltale sign the GFX renderer
is attempting to use a function the video card or the video driver don't support, thus your video hardware *must* be upgraded or driver *must* be updated.

You *must* at least update the video driver components.

dallas, you probably have integrated Intel video hardware,
but check first to see exactly what video hardware you have.
looks like integrated Intel video hardware, because of the problems with GFX elements being messed up even when
Jabo's Direct3D GFX plugin supports the GFX element rendering.
Also GFX being slow and jerky at resolutions above 512x384 is a
known problem with Intel i81x video.

If in Device Manager under Display Adapter says 82815 video controller or 82810 video controller, your PC has integrated Intel
video. it's by Intel thus go to: http://www.intel.com

If in Device Manager under Display Adapter says GeForce
or TNT, it's by Nvidia thus go to http://www.nvidia.com

If in Device Manager under Display Adapter says Radeon
or Rage, it's by ATI thus go to: http://www.ati.com

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I don't really think it will help, but try eVoodoo & Glide64 as your plugin-choice. Oh and btw, a new "cheap" card can range from $50 to $200.

GeForce and Raedon are mainly good cards. GeForce2 and Raedon 8500 (i think) and above is good.