What's new

Majoras Mask Unexpected Restarts

jollyrancher

First of all, whether you leave the computer on or off overnight doesn't matter... if it's idle then it's not going to be generating much heat. Like I said, play PJ64 for 15 minutes or so (say 5 minutes less than it usually takes to freeze the thing up) and then check the temperature and if it's high (70+) you probably have an overheating problem. If that's not it and PJ64 is the only program that causes this, then I don't know what to say.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
LegendOfLink said:
1964 is very crap, it goes really really slow im not too sure what to do, either put up with my game restarting or gameplay stuttering so much, why isnt no one else getting this? :(

Perhaps on your system, you've just said that its very crap, and I believe that is completely untrue, for the majority of people 1964 is faster. As for stuttering, thats your audio plugin, try something else, 1964 is not to blame for plugin faults, which is what i believe is whats causing the slowdown.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
My athlon is running at 64 degrees celcius, which is ok.
I'd just see that nothing is really overclocked in the system to avoid overheating.

OP
LegendOfLink

LegendOfLink

Hero of Hyrule
Sayargh said:
Perhaps on your system, you've just said that its very crap, and I believe that is completely untrue, for the majority of people 1964 is faster. As for stuttering, thats your audio plugin, try something else, 1964 is not to blame for plugin faults, which is what i believe is whats causing the slowdown.

Well...maybe i didnt experiment with it because i was dissapointed with Zelda not working, especially when noone else gets this problem and i definately havn't got the blaster virus. I also dont understand why this damn computer is being so stupid seeing i only got it in may 2003 :(

:term:

jollyrancher

Well there's two problems with your computer. First it's restarting for no reason when playing PJ64... and we all agree it's probably a hardware problem (maybe overheating). The second is the studdering/skipping, which is no surprise since you have integrated sound and video. The only way you'll fix this is to buy video/sound cards.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
LegendOfLink said:
would you mind giving me some strp-by-step instructions on what i should imput and do?

I you refered to my reply, then you find step by step instructions (with all and images) in the second link...

OP
LegendOfLink

LegendOfLink

Hero of Hyrule
Sayargh said:
You mentioned Zelda doesn't work in 1964, whats this then? :p ->

I didnt say it didnt :p i just said it stuttered but i also mentioned that i was using really crap plugins but now im using good ones...

OP
LegendOfLink

LegendOfLink

Hero of Hyrule
Also, unfortunately 1964 dont like me neither i was trying to get a really good time on practicing with that girl and it just restarted :|....

OP
LegendOfLink

LegendOfLink

Hero of Hyrule
NeTo said:
I you refered to my reply, then you find step by step instructions (with all and images) in the second link...

It shows me how to get onto Event Viewer and introduces me to it but im still dont know which codes im looking for :(

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Ahhh. Just go the "system events" section and a huge list of events will appear. They are arranged by time, so look for the moment when the emulator crashed. If you find any error or warning in one of the fields, look at its details. You will find there what file is causing you problems (if that is the problem of course).

Also. Go to System Properties (right click on 'my pc', and 'properties') and go to the Advanced tab. Click settings in the Start and recovery Section; and disable "automatic restart". Disable "Automatic Restart". That way you'll get a blue screen instead of a restart, hopefully with info about the file that hanging the system.

Oh.. and if you don't know your video and sound cards model, you may try going to Device Manager in the System Properties Control Panel. Hopefully you'll find your video card model under Video Adapters, and your sound card under... (Sound and Multimedia?) (that's what happens when you have a Spanish XP, and everyone else has it in english :doh: )

jollyrancher

Before in his specs he had listed that he has SIS integrated sound and video and then for some reason he changed it to "Dunno?" The integrated sound/video is why the thing is stuttering...

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Well, for own experience i know that SiS boards stability depends greatly on drivers, especially in sound (if it is CMI).