What's new

Majora's Mask - Too Fast??

CharlieBrown

Hello all - again!

Thanks for all the help you lot have given me in the past....got another one for you though!

On Majora's Mask I've been finding that the mini games and some quest puzzles run too quickly. I'm not sure if I am being a :ermm: dunce or something but I've found when using the 'Hot Spring Water' you don't get long enough to run down to the 'Ancient Goron' to un ice him.

I remember reading somewhere (can't find it now!) that the mini games run too fast and make it impossible to complete them.

Has a solution been found to this? Also does anyone have an idea when more plug-ins are going to be released??

Clements

Are you using the bunny hood in order to run faster? It is possible since I did it years ago! :p

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
I found this happened when plying MM on 1964. My solution is to play it on PJ64, though it runs slow on my 1.1Ghz machine. I'm going to try it on 1964 0.8.5 now to see if it's just a 0.9.9 bug.

UPDATE: Just fired it up and went right to the Clock Town shooting gallery. Still way too fast. Oh, well. At least it is not as unstable as 0.9.9 is for me. I think I'll use it instead of PJ64 for now and just use PJ64 for those sensitive areas. Unless... I really should compare how fast the day progresses too. For some reason it feels like the day is passing faster, but that may just be me.

Last edited:
OP
C

CharlieBrown

Hmmm....Not sure about the days....and this problem with the Hot Spring Water may just be me but I don't think you would have to get an item like that to do a quest specific task. I've check a few FAQ's and they don't specify the use of the bunny hood.

For P64 I can't seem to get Rice's video plugin to work. I much prefer 1964 and as I can't get the best video plug in working for P64 there seems little point using it!

Whens the next release of 1964 due out?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Open the emu and go: emulation/Counter factor.
Lower counter factor means smoother and more compatible emulation, while higher counter factor means faster emulation speed. ;)

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
Hmm. I should try a lower CF in 0.9.9 and see what happens. As for the days running too fast as I brought up before, that was just me. On further inspection they seem to be running normally. The spring water is definitely cooling too fast though. I had grabbed the spring water, jumped off the cliff (bunny hood on), ran to the next screen, and the water cooled as soon as jumped into the frozen river. No such problem in PJ64. Of course, the games are the really big problem. The bombchu game was driving me nuts before I realized it was running too fast. The problem is most obvious in the Clock Town shooting gallery. Just go there to see if this problem exists for you. If it does then the Octoroks will not stay up long enough to shoot three let alone the five required on some screens. But like I said, I'll see if changing the CF works.

Update: Well, it appears that lowering the CF fixes this problem! Just tried the shooting gallery and it plays like normal. I expect the rest will as well.

Last edited:

Igorbds

It happened to me too. You just need to change the Counter Factor to 3 then the game time will be normal.