What's new

Majora's Mask Question

SaintSinner

I have installed 1964 on my computer and I was trying to get MM to work with it. I also downloaded and installed the following plugin; RiceVideo6(1).1.0c. I tried to configure the system to play the rom but I just can't seem to do it. I have the following computer system:

Inter PIII 501 MHz
256MB Ram
Creative Audio Sound CardPCI
ATI 3D RagePro Video Card

All drivers are up-to-date and are working properly. If someone can help me I would appreciate it.

Majora's Mask performs in the following way:

The nintendo 64 logo appears in all silver no color
The graphics are great(I can deal with the discolored sun spots) all the characters are in full color and I can see the town very well, it looks just like the real game. Its just the the motion of the game and the sound are moving in choppy movements, if I could get this fixed the game would work great!

prankster959

The mininum requirement for 1964 is something like at least 1 ghz. I have 2.8 and it works nicely but I don't think 500 mhz will cut it. Also your video card is quite old. If you want to play N64 games at a reasonble speed, try an older emulator like corn or ultrhle (however it is spelled). Your best bet is probably going to be mario 64. If you want to play N64 games nicely though, I suggest you get a new computer.

yegosimo

Bug Killer
try using project 64 1.6.. it's got great graphics (at least for weak video cards like ours)
mine is intel 82845G 64 mb and i played the whole game w/o any problem .. just that tael wasn't black

linkenski

i have Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440 graphics card and i am using Project64 1.6.
i have tried a lot of Video plugins including Rice video plugin 6.1.1 beta 10 wich still makes a lot of problems. if you know how to konfugiure it so it works better with my graphics card, please say so. if you don't know that please give me a link to a video plugin that supports Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440.

tailslol

was using an amd athlon xp+ at 1.3ghz with a gf 440mx and with pj64 1.6. all n64 games work great at 1024x768 32bits with default plugs ;) with default seting and transfert memory and no antialiasing and anniscopic filter , but rice beta10 work great on me to with same setting and with a texture pack enabled but got sometime a litle lack of fps in realy hard moment (batlte with ganondorf) i was using the latest drivers of nividia. i have see pj64 working on a 16 and a 32 mb card without major pb with good settings!
but you havent the minimum requirement for run it sorry... ati rage pro got only 8 or 16 mb of vram and not enof cpu horse power (760 mhz minimum)

Last edited:

LOZ OOT Maniac

im using a 447~ Mhz processor with a Nvidia tnt2 and Majora's mask plays fine and so does loz oot, and resident evil 2 and im using 256 RAM with 1964 and project 64 1.6