What's new

Majora's Mask Problem

Unknown101

Well, the Problem with this is that The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is the ONLY ROM that Project 64 won't play on my laptop. I have tried multiple downloads all resulting in failure. When I start Majora's Mask, it does just like every other game and the screen flicks and it says emulation started. But the screen remains black. The game isn't paused. I tried that already.

Can somebody PLEASE help me with this problem on one of my favorite games??

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Computer specs please. Note that some games require more from your graphics hardware than others.

In other words, it's not a problem with the ROM, provided that you have a good ROM to begin with of course.

OP
U

Unknown101

Satellite A215-S5857
AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-62 2.10 GHz
2048MB PC5300 DDR2 SDRAM
200GB (4200 RPM) HDD
802.11b\g wireless
32-bit Operating system
ATI RADEON X1200

and I downloaded the ROM from ***

That's all I think. Did I miss something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Make sure that you've updated the graphics card's drivers, for one. Second, make sure that the ROM you use is actually a good ROM.

Are you using the default plugins?

OP
U

Unknown101

Ok, I'll update the graphics card driver today. What should I download to update it? What do you recommend? And I've gotten all my other ROMs from there. So, unless they are reputable for having bad ROMs I believe it's a good one.

I'm using Jabo's for graphics and audio, and N-Rage for the controller. I think those are default.

Last edited: