What's new

Majora's Mask in mupen64

gcrussell1

Specs:
OS - Ubuntu 7.10 32-bit
CPU - P4 Northwood 3.0 Ghz
GPU - Mobility Radeon 9600 128 MB w/ATI 8.43.3 OSS drivers
Mupen64 - 0.5 not from source (tried compiling from source and found too many errors)

I've been playing Majora's Mask in mupen64 and I'm running into an apparently common problem with the Lens of Truth not actually showing anything when it's turned on. Every thread I've seen in my searches has suggested turning to a DirectX-based graphics plugin, but no dice on Linux. I've tried tr64 OpenGL 0.7.8, but it doesn't work at all (I might have replaced the files with 0.8.8, but Mupen64 doesn't seem to recognize it), Rice's 6.10 (the one that comes with Mupen, not sure if it would recognize the latest Rice's either), Glide64 GL 0.7 ME SP8 (or whatever it's exactly called), glN64 0.4.1, and the software plugin (didn't work). I haven't gotten any of the working plugins to see the invisible items that the lens should see, and I'm not exactly sure how to make Mupen64 recognize any updated plugins - so I'm kind've stuck right now. Any ideas?

GarulfoLinux

Yes,

I use Mupen64 0.5 on my Gentoo with Glide64's graphic plugin and i don't problems with the Lens of Truth :) .

i'm actually using Glide64 v11 (the lastest source modified by Ziggy). You can find it on this forum. You compile it and copy it into Mupen64's plugin repertory. And of course, don't forget to choose Glide64's plugins :) .

OP
G

gcrussell1

Alright, I grabbed v12 since it's out, and it's almost identical to v11 it sounds. Now I'm getting no textures on most things bigger than character sprites. For example, in MM, when I start up in Clock Town, the sky, Link, and the fairy are the only things that are visible, along with the HUD I think. I think this is a problem with the glide64 settings, but I have essentially no idea what most of the settings mean for performance or quality, much less troubleshooting, so I'm kinda stuck right now. If I don't get a response, I'll start checking and unchecking boxes soon, but I'm really freakin busy right now... I can't believe I'm even taking the time to write this.

Thanks for bringing me one step closer though, hopefully we can make it all the way there.

Cheers!