What's new

Majora's mask going too fast

lordcrunch

I haven't tried any other games, so I don't know if it's with all games for me, but regarding majora's mask, the whole game, including audio, is sped up. I've found the only solution people seem to give was to do system > unlock fps (or whatever the option is, don't remember the exact name), or to press f4. Thing is, the option isn't in the system menu, and pressing f4 does nothing. The game randomly sped up after I shut off project 64 and reopened it.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Using F4 or using System --> Unlock FPS only applies to Project64 1.6 and old to my knowledge. This option has been removed from 2.2. Anyway, tried the game myself just now and it runs fine. Which graphics plugin are you using?

OP
L

lordcrunch

Using F4 or using System --> Unlock FPS only applies to Project64 1.6 and old to my knowledge. This option has been removed from 2.2. Anyway, tried the game myself just now and it runs fine. Which graphics plugin are you using?

Using Jabo's direct3d8 1.7.0.57 ver5. This was the default one I believe. Don't think I changed that

Black Zero

Or better yet use GLideN64 instead if you got an enough powerful PC, Jabo's plugins should be avoided and isn't good for anything these days.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Looks like the LOZ Nintendo 64 games don't even support 30 FPS, which was likely viewed as oddball by some, even back in the 1990s, it's probably 18 FPS or 20 FPS.
So pretty much any PC will easily make it go too fast, without a limiter.

And Jabo's is still good, even under Windows 8.1. I don't have evidence of Windows 8.1 causing init failures.

Windows 8.1 has no objection to Jabo's plugin when I tested Jabo's plugin.

If you get glitches with Glide64 bundled with Project64 2.2x, I would give Jabo's a try.

Last edited: