What's new

Majora's mask goes sloooow

PickleHead

Ack, Majora's mask run quite slow for me, any tips? I'm sure I have a decent comp for the job...

1 GHZ AMD Duron
512 MB PC133 RAM
GF2 MX-400 64 MB

OP
P

PickleHead

Well in clock town or whatever it goes at at least lower than half FPS, i'm geussing about 10, 15, niiice and choppy :p I play at full-screen 640x480, tried 320x240, still went slow... I'll try :1964: later, off to see the fireworks :D

OP
P

PickleHead

Bah now I get no sound at all... and I've tried a few plugins...

edit: got sound but now walls keep dissapearing o_O

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
my 1.2ghz duron wasn't good enough for it either with PJ64, i had these problems, switch to 1964 for this game you'll get no slow downs.

with an athlon xp 2000 you could play every game full speed :p

Before I forget: Nemu is the best emulator for Zelda, and it's running at 450 mhz (using Jabo's GFX) without any problems. It will also help to scan your computer for viruses.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Sayargh said:
my 1.2ghz duron wasn't good enough for it either with PJ64, i had these problems, switch to 1964 for this game you'll get no slow downs.

with an athlon xp 2000 you could play every game full speed :p
1.2 duron should be fast enough if you set it up right. mine is.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Well, Duron's don't have any 3D acceleration. And PJ64 is really bad with MM, it has a lot of slowdowns and slow speed generally.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
what are you talking about.. Durons are good, and PJ runs ZeldaMM well... really, know what you're talking about before posting please.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well *cough*, before i knew that my 1.4 athlon ran zelda mm in the clock town barely at 60 fps. Really.
It reminds me...I think it was 1.4.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Smiff said:
what are you talking about.. Durons are good, and PJ runs ZeldaMM well... really, know what you're talking about before posting please.
PJ64 is the slowest emulator AFAIK. It runs MM much slower than all the other emulators, probably due to that fact alone, which is enough reason why it shouldn't used with his specs, as it's clear it's not enough (the results speak for themselves.) There are other slowdowns w/ PJ64 & MM, such as the lens of truth bug (which can be fixed, but breaking other things,) and random pauses. So please, don't accuse me of "not knowing what i'm talking about," this is my favorite game and i've played it thoroughly on alot of emulators. I'm not accusing PJ64 of being a bad emulator - in fact it's by FAR the best, and still a good emulator for MM, just not with his specs (or lots of tweaking, perhaps, is another option.) I know you are well respected, and hold PJ64 in a (pretty biased, but that's unimportant) high esteem, and hell I respect you, but sarcastic bullshit is unappreciated.

As for the Duron, it DOES support 3DNOW, my mistake, (even though, I *THINK*, that PJ64/Jabo's does a better job with SSE/MMX, once again i'm not sure,) but it is basically the Celeron of AMD chips (although for sure far superior to a Celeron,) and as such you probably can't expect to get PIII speeds out of a Duron at an = mhz rating (even though AMD chips are far superior to Intel ones, generally speaking.) I never said Durons were "bad", and I never will. They are just sub-par to the Athlon and P-III, that is all.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
if you want results, I'm runnign a 2.2 gigahertz processor, P4, 512megs DDR RAM, Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440 64meg vid card, using 1964, trying to play almost any game, i get max of 30fps, ive uninstalled reinstalled, i know how to tweak speed settings, change plugin etc., and still, PJ64 constantly gives me full speed play, with almost every game I try, and I'm only missing about 90 to have a complete USA ROM Set.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
A Duron 1.2 has SSE... think *very* carefuly before making another bad post.. people who keep spreading misinformation need banning IMHO, normally EmuTalk is pretty tolerant of people who just make a mistake, but add some attitude and.. well bye nephalim.

Last edited:

Clements

I use the Europe (E) rom and it runs much smoother for me. I get 50/50 fps apart from when random framebuffer effects/known issues slow it down, with PJ64 and the default plugins. People with slower processors should consider HLE audio instead of LLE.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Smiff said:
A Duron 1.2 has SSE... think *very* carefuly before making another bad post.. people who keep spreading misinformation need banning IMHO, normally EmuTalk is pretty tolerant of people who just make a mistake, but add some attitude and.. well bye nephalim.

Wow, I can't believe that AMD got SSE in their CPU's, thats pretty amazing. Yes, that was my (small) mistake, a whopping twice, which I find far from "keep spreading misinformation," underestimating the Duron's features (the new Duron, at least, I haven't kept up with AMD really.) He has a 1GHZ Duron, BTW, NOT a 1.2 Duron, but a 1.0GHZ Duron does indeed also have SSE (along with the other new Duron features.) I've backed up my other points, so please keep the immature attitude to yourself, i'm not going to bother throwing back some childish insults to your repeating sarcastic garbage, which you are practically begging me to do (I can see you are not tolerant whatsoever of people who "just make a mistake," and not just from this thread, either.) Perhaps people who troll/ego trip deserve a ban more than any others IMHO. Once again, I know you are well respected, but that's no excuse for an attitude, at least not IMHO.
And I *do* still *THINK* that PJ64 is properly optimized for the P3 over the Duron, so my point, of which I am making ABUNDANTLY clear I am NOT sure of, might still stand.

And if what you say is true, I know a certain long-time regular who is long overdue for a banning. (I am not speaking of you.)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
lol " childish insults to your repeating sarcastic garbage"

and yeah Doomulation should have got banned long ago but this place is kind of run by a commitee.

"my point, of which I am making ABUNDANTLY clear I am NOT sure of, might still stand."
tip, k: don't go on long rants then.