What's new

Majora's Mask (gfx problems)

tyler45

Ok, im sorta new to all this.

I'm using Project 64 with Jabos direct 3D 6 1.5 visual plug in.

Specs:
Windows XP Professional
AMD Athlon XP 1800
1.54 Ghz
224 MB RAM
Plug and play monitor on S3 graphics ProSavageDDR

The game is very playable. Sound, speed, control, textures its all running good. only got a few problems with the graphics:

(1) The sky dosen't change colour (day and night), its constantly this weird shade of green.

(2) Patches of grass aren a light blue ish sort of colour, and it seems to reflect the sky.

(3) the cut scene where it flashes back to Zelda giving Link the Ocarina in OOT is completly white. The text is all there, just no vision, which is weird cos all other cut scenes so far work

(4) Logs and stuff in the forest (like the first playable section, after the opening cut scene) are transparent. This also happens with certain platforms.

any help would be appreciated :)

Last edited:

Clements

The following chipsets (thus any and all graphics cards based on them) can be considered below minimum specification:

3dfx Voodoo 1,2,3 (1,2 - not at all, 3 - poor image quality)
ATI Rage128, Rage Pro (poor image quality)
Intel i740, i810 (poor image quality)
Matrox G200, G400, G450 (poor image quality)
nVidia Riva128 (poor image quality)
S3 Savage 4, Savage 2000 (particularly bad, these cards hang)

As you can see from this excerpt from the PJ64 readme, your graphics card is below minimum spec. Thats the problem. I'm afraid that buying a new graphics card is the best solution.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Your #2 problem looks like the problem that occurs if
Force Normal Blending is enabled.

You *must* make sure Force Normal Blending is
unchecked.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Geez, don't you all know that Glide64 solves this? By using Glide64 and eVoodoo, you'll get better result with most games. Oot and MM doesn't look too well in Glide64--though it's probably the only games.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
GFX

Doomulation said:
Geez, don't you all know that Glide64 solves this? By using Glide64 and eVoodoo, you'll get better result with most games. Oot and MM doesn't look too well in Glide64--though it's probably the only games.

Well, for me, Glide64 with eVoodoo causes there to be no
GFX displayed.

:(

Hoffy

Wot works for might not work for others i thought you wud have known that by now...
Lets face it the plugins that we are using arnt perfect yet.....any1 know of any new ones yet?