What's new

Loz:oot.. Wtf

pureskyll

I installed PJ64 today as well as the LOZ:OOT. I had an incident causing the game to go out of full screen, which I found out earlier that it will not work and I need to close the game.

I was worried about losing the last hour of playtime, so I went to play again, and I HAD NO SAVE FILES.

From what I've tried, and figured out, I'm left with two questions.
When I go out of fullscreen view, how do I continue my session? (Minimizing FS is the problem, not going back to window mode.)

How do I open my Z64 save files when PJ64 only opens ZIP or PJ files? (I use a keyboard to play, so no save packs.)
UPDATE: I found a way to open the z64 saves with PJ64. Options > Settings > Shell integration > check .Z64 (For anyone else with this problem)

UPDATE: There is a save file on my computer. I click load on the actual emulator. It turns out that the games saves as Z64, but the emulator will only load ZIP or PJ files. How can I fix this?

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
When I go out of fullscreen view, how do I continue my session?
Assuming you're using one of the graphics plugins included with PJ64, gameplay should proceed fine when switching from fullscreen to windowed mode and vice versa. If the game was inadvertently paused at the same time, you can unpause it on the System menu, or by pressing F2.

How do I open my Z64 save files when PJ64 only opens ZIP or PJ files? (I use a keyboard to play, so no save packs.)
Z64 files are native saves. That is, they store data that the game would save to the cartridge on the original console. PJ64 will place these save files in your designated save folder (see where it is under Options->Settings under the Directories tab) and it will automatically read data from these files in that folder (assuming they exist) whenever a game needs it. You don't have to manually load them.

Only save states are manually loaded, and I'd kind of advise against creating/using them until you understand their peculiarities.

Last edited:
OP
P

pureskyll

Assuming you're using one of the graphics plugins included with PJ64, gameplay should proceed fine when switching from fullscreen to windowed mode and vice versa. If the game was inadvertently paused at the same time, you can unpause it on the System menu, or by pressing F2.

I may have been unclear, sorry. When I try to open the window after minimizing fullscreen, it just minimizes itself. I can't do anything with the window except close it.

Z64 files are native saves. That is, they store data that the game would save to the cartridge on the original console. PJ64 will place these save files in your designated save folder (see where it is under Options->Settings under the Directories tab) and it will automatically read data from these files in that folder (assuming they exist) whenever a game needs it. You don't have to manually load them.

Only save states are manually loaded, and I'd kind of advise against creating/using them until you understand their peculiarities.

I have the Z64 file in the proper folder, but the game doesn't seem to recognize it. I still have blank save files when I play the game.

UPDATE: I figured it out!!!! If you go to options > settings > shell integration > check .z64.

Last edited:

Allnatural

UPDATE: I found a way to open the z64 saves with PJ64. Options > Settings > Shell integration > check .Z64 (For anyone else with this problem)

z64 files aren't saves, and shell integration is for...

On second thought, it doesn't matter. Glad to hear you "fixed" it.

Toasty

Sony battery
Z64 is a common rom extension. Native saves will be .eep, .sra, .fla, or .mpk. Save states are .pj* (zipped by default)
My bad! Basically meant the ZIP/PJs are the save states and any other save would be native (and automagically loaded). Been a while since I reviewed ROM and save file extensions. :p