What's new

Low Performance with 1.5 and some other questions...

ShadowTH

It's cold here...
Heya everyone...
it seems that everyone is saying that the speed is much better and etc... But here with my pc, I'm having the oposite. it seems that all the games are slowered down and are running much slower then 1.4....

Some examples:

Zelda OoT: The Game Filme menu runs very slow... Like 30-40 fps
F-Zero seems slowed down at all, mainly in the races! It runs like 55-50 fps... With 1.4, i unblock the fps limit, and it runs at 80-80 fps...
Goldeneye: Terrible, almost unplayable....
Shadow of the Empires: It gets terribly slow at the third battle of the 1st level, battle of hoth...
Just some examples, it happens with all other games...
Is something wrong with my PC??

It is a Athlon 1200 @ 1365 mhz, a V7100 Geforce 2 MX with a good overclock. Win 2k with SP3....

And what is the currently compatibility level for those games:

Resident Evil 2
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
Ep 1: Racer
Rogue Squadron?

Because in pj 1.4 it was almost impossible to run any Lucasarts game... Now did anything got better?

Thanks

bositman

Hmm with your system you should be able to get full fps to all games...try updating your GF2 drivers.Also,overclocking can cause serious stability errors with pj64 so if it crashes try to return you gf2 to normal levels.
p.s:The Zelda's start screen is slower cause its using framebuffer to emulate the background effect and Link

OP
ShadowTH

ShadowTH

It's cold here...
Well
Downclocked it and the same stuff happens
I notice that what is causing this is CPU usage...
All the time when the frame rate drops below 60-55, the % of idle cpu gets to 0.... The video card is doing just fine, but I fell that the problem is with the cpu requirement! And this is just from 1.5, with 1.4 all works wonderfully (just the compatibility that is not as good as 1.5)
I just noted that 1.4 runs THPS 3 with less gfx stuff then 1.5...

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
that interesting i don't get much slow down .....(maybe i just don't notice it since i havent used pj 1.4 in a long while

OP
ShadowTH

ShadowTH

It's cold here...
well
I didn't tell
But I'm using 1024x768 32 bits windowed...
It's not that much, and i'm comparing the results to 1.4 with the same resolution

StonedConker

shadow,forget about the speed man.The quality has reached the perfect level with jabo's plugin.It's amazing!!(My opinion is that the speed is not slower with 1.5 release.It should be cause the gfx,textures,EVERYTHING are in better quality so it needs more cpu.