What's new

Losing hope in Dolphin...

MeThUs3r669

To tell the truth, I think we're all just waiting in vain. I for one think that dolphin will never run like n64 emulation. What does every1 else think?

BBS

I think you should give the dolphin team more time. They have a real life and work on dolphin for low ($ 0)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
MeThUs3r669 said:
To tell the truth, I think we're all just waiting in vain. I for one think that dolphin will never run like n64 emulation. What does every1 else think?
Perhaps that is not the intent. And besides, it will not run like n64 emulation in a LONG time. It's simply too complex.

sushyoshi

I agree with MeThUs3r669!

Just look at dreamcast emulation for example. It is really advanced almost near n64 emulation ( if not better than n64 ).
I dont understand anything about programming but i know some systems are harder to emulate than others. Like saturn emulation is really difficult to emulate ( so i heard).

Anyway i really would like to see a good gamecube emulator soon.

Just keep the good work, and live your life ;)

Branz_mf

Althrought gc emulators are not as good as N64 emulators, I still hope that the team work hard on the project and make it a very possible release. I'll wait a year or a little more if I have to, i just want to see a gc emulator that really works.

Last edited:

Fool

Me
At all n64 emulation is still not perfect. If I know correctly the graphic is the hardest thing to emulate and it use a lot of computer power. I am going to wait for next relase of Dolphin. Maybe it will be great suprice for us ... lol

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
sushyoshi said:
I agree with MeThUs3r669!

Just look at dreamcast emulation for example. It is really advanced almost near n64 emulation ( if not better than n64 )

Sorry to get offtopic, but what the heck?! The Dreamcast is WAY more advanced than the n64! I hate people comparing a system that used to whoop the ps2 to an awsome, but clunky, old cartridge-based system! AGH!

sushyoshi

... NERD ALERT! Hey im noob too . And what i said was for the intention of people to continue working with gamecube emulation cause theres still hope.

Doomulation

Fool said:
At all n64 emulation is still not perfect. If I know correctly the graphic is the hardest thing to emulate and it use a lot of computer power. I am going to wait for next relase of Dolphin. Maybe it will be great suprice for us ... lol
That is incorrect. It is the core that is the hardest to emulate. Or specifically, the cpu is what gives the most trouble if I undertstood it correctly.

camarinox

The Fellowship of Dolphin
Lets dont give up yet, i will wait for as long as i can.

On the other side, even the N64 emulation isnt perfect jet, it takes a looong time to start, and even a longer way to correct bugs.

I dont know much about programming, but im starting to take lessons (i know that emulation programing is not learned in school), but i will help when i can (i have a lot of free time).

Fool

Me
The Gamecube "Art-X" graphics chip is probably the most
complex ever seen in a console, except maybe the NV20+ in
the XBox. Unlike the NV20 the Art-X is very different from
PC hardware, so it requires a lot of computer power to
emulate, and it may not be possible to support all features.

I copied it from dolphin read me. I was correct but I did not write that I was talking about GC emulation not n64

camarinox

The Fellowship of Dolphin
just dont forget something, there is almost nothing that an algoritm cant do,
ANd even with a high difference of Hardware capacities, we dont know the true limits of programming, it will just take some time to find the correct lines, to powerup the proccesses.

And its says "it may not be possible", so there is a chance. :p , lets be possitive.

Doomulation

Fool said:
The Gamecube "Art-X" graphics chip is probably the most
complex ever seen in a console, except maybe the NV20+ in
the XBox. Unlike the NV20 the Art-X is very different from
PC hardware, so it requires a lot of computer power to
emulate, and it may not be possible to support all features.

I copied it from dolphin read me. I was correct but I did not write that I was talking about GC emulation not n64
Even so, there was stated in a thread that the core (ie the cpu) is very hard to emulate.