Will you pay to see Lord Of The Rings?

• Yeppers, I support good movies

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Nope, I'm cheap

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
I'm not sure if this counts as fantasy (and I'm probably going to get flamed for this) but the Harry Potter books are excellent. They may seem like they are for 8 yo, but they appeal to everyone (personally I would classify them under mystery).

Martin said:
You !""#¤@£@ geek! ;)

I'll read the books when I can afford to buy them. :D

plus reading books takes valuable time, and im yet to be pulled in by a book, they just bore me so so very much, short concentra... ooo cookie!

OP
Malcolm

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Malcolm said:
imagine 2 years (or less) from now, being able to sit down with the full 9 hours of Lord Of The Rings, what an excellent way to kill off a day! :D

:)

Macca

Raging Fuel said:
I'm not sure if this counts as fantasy (and I'm probably going to get flamed for this) but the Harry Potter books are excellent. They may seem like they are for 8 yo, but they appeal to everyone (personally I would classify them under mystery).

Yup, I've read them all (just a week ago) and i must say that they really are a great read. Saw the movie too which was a big let down compared to the books as they left out so much, it was already 2 1/2 hours long but it only covered a fraction of the book, you really have to have read and seen it to understand. But anyway i would recommend the books to anyone of any age. :D

And now i have just started reading the hobbit soon to be followed by the lotr series (i wanted to read before see the movie) and they are really good too. :D

adi

get out of my house
Listen everyone, as a piece of film making, LOTR was simply stupendous, a beautiful film. I haven't gotten that drawn into a movie for a loong time and I actually cared about the characters' fates. The sheer scale of the SFX and the landscapes blew me away and I would have glady sat for another 2 hours (my cinema had an intermission, thank God).

Anyway about the books v movie, I haven't read the series, but from what I've heard its meant to be the film + some minor incidents plus DETAILED FAMILY TREES AND MAPS! (acj screams with joy) Someone convince me the books are better than the films with valid reasons please.

;)

Yakuza

Why dont u people load the DIVX version at a high reso..... that would make it free!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Cya.........

OP
Malcolm

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
theacj said:
Listen everyone, as a piece of film making, LOTR was simply stupendous, a beautiful film. I haven't gotten that drawn into a movie for a loong time and I actually cared about the characters' fates. The sheer scale of the SFX and the landscapes blew me away and I would have glady sat for another 2 hours (my cinema had an intermission, thank God).

Anyway about the books v movie, I haven't read the series, but from what I've heard its meant to be the film + some minor incidents plus DETAILED FAMILY TREES AND MAPS! (acj screams with joy) Someone convince me the books are better than the films with valid reasons please.

;)

Yes the books are very detailed. What I would suggest to anyone the wishes to see the movie and haven't read the books is:
1) see the movie
and
2) read the book to see what was left out

:)

Also as a side note: 50th post :D

Johnny_Rico

Mobile Infantry
Hey! All you sinners who plan to see the movie before reading the books I recommend to wait a *year*...

To forget the film and use your own imagination!

But the big problem in the movie is the absence of Tom...
I loved Tom, he is the spirit of LotR!

Without him the movie is far from bying a substitute to the books!

adi

get out of my house
I thought the first 45 minutes explained the story really well to those who'd never read the books. And the battle scenes were amazing if a bit too short for my liking.