What's new

Lock up Help!!

Irish Clover

Hey, I just got 1964 the other day and I have been having trouble with it. When I click on one of the roms to play it will start to load but will freeze before any pictures come up. I have 0.9.9, Rice's 5.3.1, and and Amizer's Audio .4 beta 2. I've heard that 1964 works fine so could it be my roms. All I have right now is Mario 64, Perfect Dark, and Banjo Kazooie. Any help would be greatly apprieated.

revl8er

That Damn Good
Make sure that you have good roms. To do this, use goodn64. Also make sure that you have the newest drivers for your gfx card.

gandalf

Member ready to help
if it rename them to (example) Super MArio 64 (U) [!] , the rom is good.the "[!]" means good rom

OP
I

Irish Clover

Man.... I don't know why I can't get it to work. I get a rom I want to play, click on it, it "loads" and before any picture shows up, it freezes. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. If anyone has any suggestions please help.

Kethinov

Irish Clover said:
Hey, I just got 1964 the other day and I have been having trouble with it. When I click on one of the roms to play it will start to load but will freeze before any pictures come up. I have 0.9.9, Rice's 5.3.1, and and Amizer's Audio .4 beta 2. I've heard that 1964 works fine so could it be my roms. All I have right now is Mario 64, Perfect Dark, and Banjo Kazooie. Any help would be greatly apprieated.

Do your lockups resemble any of the ones I described in this thread?

OP
I

Irish Clover

Yes, sort of, everything locks up on me too like you said but I can't even get the rom to open without it crashing

OP
I

Irish Clover

ok pick say Banjo Kazooie, down at the bottom it says loading banjo and stuff. It gets loaded but right after that it freezes. The percents are core:28% video:4% audio:36% compiler:28% and idle:2%. I seen the CF=2 at the bottom also. So I restarted my computer and went to rom properties and changes the CF to default 3. I loaded it again and for the first time a got some picture and sound for a second before it froze. So I restarted my computer and tried CF 4 and 5 just to see if anything happened. Nothing did, it was same as 2. But now maybe I know what the problem could be. Could it be that my rom properties aren't setup right? If so will I just have to experiment with it or is there something that will tell me the right settings to use?

Ly Mathews

I don't like Castlevania
Are you using any cheat code? Sometimes it may cause these problems. Have you tried any other emulator?