What's new

Location of System Recovery files on XP

ElGatoAzul

Where are located the backup files generated by the System Recovery feature on XP?? ( or restore system i don't know the exact name in a English XP).
I used this "feature" to restore the system but some important docs are missing now and i need to find this docs!!!

Excuse my english...;)

ElGatoAzul said:
Where are located the backup files generated by the System Recovery feature on XP?? ( or restore system i don't know the exact name in a English XP).
I used this "feature" to restore the system but some important docs are missing now and i need to find this docs!!!

Excuse my english...;)
:devil: Dont excuse yerself for yer english, its stupid!

Ok, dude, that recovery files are kept in a tiny little pain in the ass hidden folder called "System Volume Information" or somthin like that ,its located in root at each drive ya have, but why ya use that horrible feature od XP!!!!! Its sucks big time as it screws with yer PC in such a way... I used it once, then when returning system to original statet thru those revovery files, some important files o mine where erased and bla bla bla

Good luck anyway!!
:devil:

OP
ElGatoAzul

ElGatoAzul

thank you, you replied very fast.
I maked visible this f**cking folder, but, sadly, i turned off the recovery system and all the files are gone.... i turned on again the recovery feature but thes old files doesn't appeared...:(

Thank you anyway.

PS. Is dificult to me to explain certain deas/situations with clarity in english, that's the reason why "excuse my english....." i don't know how clear are my explanations for english people..

Naive

Seems like yer too naive, just kiddin dude, but seriously, if ya turned off system recovery (congratulations on that) and yer files where erased, there's no way to get em back... too bad for ya...
If ya need help in some, just send me a PM , as i speak spanish....