What's new

Linux port for 1964?

ultima528

i thought one of the linux emulators (mupen i believe) is based on the 1964 source code... i could be wrong though :satisfied

Last edited:

vleespet

The decent one
You're confusing Mupen with Sixtyforce. Sixtyforce is based on the 1964 source code is has been ported to the mac.

Last edited:

karth95

Lord of the Cats
yeah, I don't think it's going to be ported unless someone other than schibo and rice do it.

I'm actually using 1964 0.8.5 (i've haven't tried 0.9.9 yet) with Winex3 3.2 and it works fine, but it's always better run a native compiled thing.

Thanks, i'll make a research for Sixtyforce.

ultima528

ySS said:
I'm actually using 1964 0.8.5 (i've haven't tried 0.9.9 yet) with Winex3 3.2 and it works fine, but it's always better run a native compiled thing.

Thanks, i'll make a research for Sixtyforce.

I just wanted to point out that that isn't always necessarily true. I think I heard that ePSXe windows runs better on Linux (with wine) than the native Linux port of it.

Also, about Sixtyforce, just so you know, it's a Mac emulator, not Linux. I got confused before.

Oh no, the confusion was my fault, thanks anyway.

About epsxe... i don't know if windows versions would run better than linux one under linux, but i'll tell you a secret: The linux version under linux runs MUCH MORE SMOOTHER tna windows version running in windows. It's Ok with it.