What's new

Linux and GL graphics

not_skeletor

Running a wonderful little Myth-box using MythGame. All other emulators work with GL (ZSNES, Xe, EPSXE, FCEUltra), but Mupen64 does not.

Compiled 0.5 from source on Gentoo 2.6.19-r3 nVidia GeForce 5600 256MB using the "nogui" option.

The only game I tried (or really care about) is Conkers Bad Fur day. When I fire it up, I can select one of 3-different GL-plugins. The one made when I built the source, and two others I found that needed to be compiled from source (though, the naming of the source appears to me to be the same file). With any of these, the game will start and I get the in-game warning, and the splash screen bitmap showing the credits for Mpeg-3 and such, but as soon as it tries to render the opening animation of Conker brutalising the N64 logo, the graphics are completely messed up. As in, they look like colored polygons that all approach a single-point in the lower right of the screen. I can hear the sound clearly, so I know the Mupen engine is going, but the graphics plugin is the problem. I also tried all 3 options (Interpreter only, etc etc) and all had the same effect.

I also tried to software rendering plugin, but this just did not work. I know my GL-settings work because Myth uses the GL extensions for tv-out, and all other emulators work fine, and I know the ROM-image is fine as it works in Project64 on a Win32 machine.

So: What can I do? I'm sure someone else has come up with this graphics problem. This is run from CLI, BTW, not from within Myth (yet).

Lemme know what you need output from stdout and I will post it.

OP
N

not_skeletor

True, but the ebuild said the no-gui option was broken, which is what I wanted for Myth.

However, I did compile the GPU-plugins both from portage and from source (where I could find them) and still no dice.

I guess I could try the portage version, but the problem really appears to be one of the GPU plugins as I played with a few of them and can get some features working.