What's new

Link has white collar in zeldaOOT!?

lauwingchun

i just tried pj64 1.5 SP1 with Jabo 1.5.1 + Audio. i saw link with a white collar! i checked everywhere to see if i have a wrong image about Link...but it should be green.

wht should be the problem?

i am currently using:
2.8Ghz HT P4
Radeon 9700 Pro with catalyst 3.5 beta

i did try to use the official driver as well but the result is the same.

I should be your Radeon-card. You can try Jabo's d3d 1.40 (included in PJ64 1.4). You can also wait for the new GLnintendo. Orkin has got a Radeon, and he will add support for your card.

OP
L

lauwingchun

is it a problem of radeon? i got an old machine with radeon 8500 and use the same pj64 files and roms but i dun seem to get a problem.

it may be due to the newer card.

i'm tying to find an older version of pj64 but it is hard....

glnintendo is not working on my zelda (MM or OOT) roms (v1.0, v1.2). it works on other roms like mario, mario party... when it loads to 100% a windows error message appears and tell me to close pj64 :<

Smiff

Emutalk Member
my reliable radeon-testing friend informs me that all R300 core ATI cards are affected... a driver problem of some sort.

I notice it too on my AIW 7500, but I can live with it (I notice it on MQ, I'm going to see if it's also in OoT, but I know it's going to be there).

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Be warned those are internal betas, so they could be unstable. - Still worth trying out if it fixes the problem though :p
gl

I don't think Bata drivers will help Link's collar, and Link's collar was never white in an older set of drivers (I think 2.5 (or 3.0)).

OP
L

lauwingchun

so the screenshot i posted was at the time using catalyst 3.5 beta. well it is said that official 3.5 would be released within today (23/6). so i'll be trying it.

it is strange that older cards do not seem have such problem.

My card is not too old (but it's old when it's compared to the Radeon 9500, but the TV Tuner makes it seem newer).
But I don't think Catalyst 3.5 will fix this.
Note: I'm waiting for a BIG price drop on the AIW Radeon 9700.

OP
L

lauwingchun

not referring to yours, guy. it is true that both pj 64 1.4 and 1.5 got problems on my machine, but not my old one with 933Mhz + Radeon 8500 Pro. it works properly on that one.

OP
L

lauwingchun

just tried official catalyst 3.5 with my R300 + 2.8Ghz PC. same white collar effect is observed...('pj64 link white collar flaw fixed' is not included in the release note :>)