What's new

Legend of Zelda 2, The - Majora's Mask (U) [!] : unhandled R4300i opcode with PJ 1.4

Corak

Nintendo gamer
Now this came unexpected. :!!!:

It happened in a scene *very close* to the end of the game. I did pass through exactly this scene 2 times without any problems but it crashed the 3rd time. This is the first crash I experienced in Zelda:MM ever with PJ1.4 (and I did play Zelda:MM a lot lately).

Screenshot is attached. It's probably not very readable in the scaled down size so here in clear text:

------------------------------------------------------
Unhandled R4300i OpCode at: 801F9B30
cfc1 r0, Unknown

Stopping Emulation !
------------------------------------------------------

The used plugins shouldn't matter since this is obviously a core problem. Maybe 1.5Beta1 has this opcode added but I doubt this.

OP
Corak

Corak

Nintendo gamer
Slougi said:
Hmm. Are you using Protect mem?

No. "Check Memory & Cache". I just noticed I have this option twice but with different capitalization "Check Memory & cache". Weird.

I don't remember changing this property. What was default here anyway? :)

Whatever just passed through this scene a forth and last time without any problems.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Corak said:

I just noticed I have this option twice but with different capitalization "Check Memory & cache". Weird.

Check Memory & cache

vs

Change Memory & cache?

OP
Corak

Corak

Nintendo gamer
pj64er said:

Check Memory & cache

vs

Change Memory & cache?

Oops. Yeah you are right.
:blush:

It's "Check Memory & Cache" and
"Change Memory & cache".

OP
Corak

Corak

Nintendo gamer
Slougi said:
Does it do the same thing with different settings there?

You mean crash? I can't reproduce the crash reliably unforatunately for debugging.
I played the exact same scene 4 times with "Check Memory & Cache" and it crashed only in the 3rd run. Go figure...

Just read that "Check Memory & Cache" is indeed the default setting. Will keep it at that.

Woa just started playing "Conkers Bad Fur Day". What a game! Love the "Clockwork Orange" intro. :D
Graphics are amazing. Damn Jabo did an awesome job on this plugin.

:pj64:

Last edited:

RadeonUser

I've gotten this crash several times before, I never really did look at it *shrug* but, it is there and it does happen sometimes... Oh well, yet another bug left in Project64 :/

Rasmus

Banned
I can only agree, I just completed conkers, and what a game it is, it only gets better and better throughout the game.

just thought I would add this ;)