What's new

latest mame to use

chrisj11

where can i d/l the latest mame32
i d/l a lot of ver of mame32.78 and everytime i extract it and click on the mame.exe a dos window open up and a window open up telling me to lunch the game from the command prompt< why

i have mame32.76.exe and i just click on the mame32.exe and the mame opens up ready for me to load my rom and play it, just like pj64 or zsnes

what am i doing wrong! why is it so hard for me to open up mame

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Make absolutely sure you have Mame32, as for the latest version, you should probably jump back to version .72 for a while if you want the best games list, you can recompile it yourself and modify the drivers if you want more games etc, but anything after I do believe .72 took out games like King of Fighters 2001 and some other great games, you can always use the alternatives like Nebula or Kawaks for these, but in my opinion 72 was the last really good MAME

Allnatural

chrisj11 said:
where can i d/l the latest mame32
i d/l a lot of ver of mame32.78 and everytime i extract it and click on the mame.exe a dos window open up and a window open up telling me to lunch the game from the command prompte
You have MAME; you don't have MAME32. Go here.

alcoatjez

I would recommend using Mame32plus. It can be found at http:\\mame.emu-zone.org. It is always up-to-date, also with the u-versions (0.78u1 f.e.).

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
I think the newer versions of mame are great. Now we just need a new mame32k. Dammnit!!!!

Tekken3, Soulblade, SC, Erhgiez online. ;)

The regular mame is a command line application. You can use a frontend like Turbomame, or use mame32 which is essentially just a frontend anyways. :D

Last edited: