What's new

Language Support bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
I have had the following problems so far while trying to do a transaltion:

* There are some lines with \t in the .lng files. That is supposed to do a tab, but "\t" appears in the menus when you choose another language.
* Instead of "Video Settings", "Lag" (or whatever you have written on line 77) appears in the Plugins menu.
* All the .lng files supplied in the 11-08 beta have "Language in Alt-English" in line 4. That's exactly what appears in the file menu when you have choosen a language, instead of just "Language".

Rice

Emulator Developer
NeTo said:
I have had the following problems so far while trying to do a transaltion:

* There are some lines with \t in the .lng files. That is supposed to do a tab, but "\t" appears in the menus when you choose another language.
* Instead of "Video Settings", "Lag" (or whatever you have written on line 77) appears in the Plugins menu.
* All the .lng files supplied in the 11-08 beta have "Language in Alt-English" in line 4. That's exactly what appears in the file menu when you have choosen a language, instead of just "Language".

The \t problem will be fixed. The "Language in Alt-English" is something I did for debug purpose, forget to remove it in the release, it will be fixe.d

I guess the 2nd problem is something incorrect in the language file, please see if you still have the problem when switch back to English.

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
I get the second prob as soon as i switch to any language. It continues even if I select English again. If I leave English selected,and restart the emulator, "Video Options..." appears again. But if I choose another language, and restart 1964, "Lag" appears

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
More issues:

* Choose File > Open Rom. The Dialog Box says "Open Rom" as title no matter the language you have selected. Can this item be translated? The same for the Options Dialog title
* In the Rom Browser, the Column Header Names are in English only. They should take the values of the "String Section" in the .lng file
* If the text size of a line is bigger than the one in English.lng, the lines appears chuncked in the GUI, wich is ugly and hard to read. If the text size is too small, well you get to see a lot of spaces.

The following things could be also added for translation in the .lng files:
* The bottom line of the status bar ("Ready - c:\bla bla\bla")
* After "SSE Optimizations Enabled?:" in the Options dialog the "Yes!" and "No" could be translated.
* In ROM Properties, the options from the Drop Down List: "Yes (Default)", "No", "Protect Memory", "No Check", etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.