What's new

Lag

Firestorm96

Hi,

I've been trying to play OOT lately, but my N96 died, so i downloaded PJ96 and an OOT rom. then i found out about DjipiFinal2009. So i downloaded and installed it. but it lags.... My computer can run fairly new games but it still lags. Without the mod it works fine.

Any suggestions on how i can speed up Pj96?

Thanks.

EDIT: I dont know if it matters, but i use Rice video plugin

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Correction: Your Nintendo 64 died and you downloaded Project64.

You might want to start by telling what kind of computer you have. If you're video card can handle it use Glide64.

OP
F

Firestorm96

Correction: Your Nintendo 64 died and you downloaded Project64.

You might want to start by telling what kind of computer you have. If you're video card can handle it use Glide64.

Sorry, it's a strange habit of mine to say 96 instead of 64, anyway, my videocard is a 8800 gt, but i cant give pc specs now because i aM on my mobile, i can tell you that it has 2gig ram.

And what is glide64?

Agozer

Glide64, as in the graphics plugin. It seems like your video card is more than capable of handling it. Lag with Rice's plugin can also be the result of wrong settings, although it's worh noting that Rice hasn't really seen tangible updates in a while and is quite far behind Glide64 in both compatibility and features.

Agozer

All plugins designed for N64 emulators are compatible with all N64 emulators. The only exceptions are very old emulators that haven't been updated in something like nearly decade or so.

Besides, there are only two N64 emulators worth using - Project64 and 1964. If you are a Windows user anyway.

Agozer

See what it does when I only go to certain subforums. :/ Ok, three emulators worth your time - I was under the impression that Mupen did have a Windows build. Oh well.