What's new

Kirby 64 Problem

Blue_Flame

For Kirby 64, I can play the game fine using Glide 64, except for whenever I inhale someone, as soon as I try to use the ability, Kirby Freezes in the middle of the move and won't move! Other characters, any backrounds and the start menu all still wrk fine, but kirby gets stuck and won't even move! How do I fix this?

vleespet

The decent one
That's a Dynarec bug. You can do two things:

1. Switch to Interpreter mode (will make the game bug-free, but may also make it a lot slower).
2. Press Ctrl+1 (= counter factor 1). It will fix it, but it may also cause other bugs.

OP
B

Blue_Flame

Interpreter mode... I couldn't find it in the Glide64 v0.5 settings. Is that the same thing as "read every frame" ?

OP
B

Blue_Flame

ok... I tried going CF1 and the bug remained. While I was frozen, I hit Ctrl+2 and my lifebar filled up, but still so I tried again with CF2, but still no luck. Finially, I got interpreter mode working, and yes, it was flawless, but really, really slow. I tried adjusting the CF from there, to maby get better speed, but still no luck. It ran smoothly as long as I was walking, but as sonn as I tried to do anythig else, it went super slow. Now what can I do? I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy the game, since I'm trying to save for a laptop.

Edit: I Got it working with CF1 now, but it does have some major bugs. for instance, I got hit, and my guy completeley disapeared, exept for his shadow. He couldn't "jump" either, since I couldn't get ofer a block. Is there any way to just speed Interpreter up, or fix some more of the bugs? While I'm at it, Iggy's Rekin' Balls keeps freezing befor or after races. Is thre a way to fix this?

Last edited:
OP
B

Blue_Flame

Ok, tried that too. Worked the best so far but still some bugs (aka enemies dissapear into thin air, bosses don't drop the thing to throw back and instead keep trying to run into a wall until eventually they reappear in front of you, etc.) I'm guessing thats all I can do other than buy the game... so there's no way I can just get it to speed up?

4real

Blue_Flame said:
Ok, tried that too. Worked the best so far but still some bugs (aka enemies dissapear into thin air, bosses don't drop the thing to throw back and instead keep trying to run into a wall until eventually they reappear in front of you, etc.) I'm guessing thats all I can do other than buy the game... so there's no way I can just get it to speed up?

Why not try this new ini rom props here :-

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?threadid=18550

Tested with glide 64 and seems ok on my system.
Using jabo's 1.5 seems better for me.

The game still has a few bug problems but is very playable.

Last edited:

Jorpho

I have played through Kirby 64 (J) with Glide64. As you say, it doesn't work well at all with 1964 0.9.9, but 0.8.5 worked great for me.

The only major problems were that the status bar wouldn't update until I entered or exited an area, and the camera for the second boss is positioned in such a way that you can't actually see Kirby (although it's still not impossible to finish). You also won't be able to view the enemy cards very well.