What's new

Killer Instinct Gold question

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
I recently played this game and noticed that the character's sprites are missing and its big time choppy in the gameplay.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help this matter or is it not fixed? I tried many emulators with differen't settings. Thanks.

Clements

Rice's plugin works much better for this game than Jabo's for me. Here is a shot of me getting my ass kicked by Orchid (with sprites!) in OpenGL mode, defaults. It is unstable so I use frameskip and that sort of fixes that, + schibo's audio. No other plugin comes close.

Clements

On my card, more often than not, OpenGL works much better than Direct X. Your card is not wildly different to mine, so using the highest combiner is good (this is normally selected by default).

Certain games work better in Direct X with the Software T&L fix enabled (Ocarina of Time for me) and some without the fix (Mystical Ninja). I don't touch the more advanced options since Rice's ini does the trick. Combiner-wise, I go for highest to suit my card, and this is selected by default too.

Just remember that Rice's plugin has a few unsupported games like CBFD that will never work whatever cfg you use (so use Jabo's plugin instead).

In the case of KI Gold, OpenGL solved the problem. Direct X looked really bad with/without the fix. The results of using OpenGL are shown in my screenshot above.

-Shadow-

Banned
Rice's plugin has in ANY game a whole bunch of graphic glitches . I actually tried KI gold , the characters are flickering permanently ! There is the possibility that my hardware doesn't like that plugin :p . In this case i will have to buy a new graphics card ( i planned to buy a Radeon 9600 XT anyway)

Clements

Rice's plugin doesn't work with Radeons very well!

But I understand your decision, the Radeon 9600 XT is a super DX9 card for PC gaming especially since it's very fast with all the modern stuff, and it'll work with all plugins 'cept Rice's. (Although your current card is very good too)

Rice's plugin can't work for everybody I guess, I thought I was one of the unlucky ones since DX9 cards don't usually work as well as the DX7/8-type cards with the gfx plugins.

OP
Dark

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
I tried glide64 and it doesn't work. It only say's to hit alt+enter to make it full screen. I did and there's only black-out in it.

What am I doing wrong? I have 0.42 or is it 0.5?

Bill Fleming

I think you have to turn the fullscreen on in Evoodoo and in Project 64 to get fullscreen (I think, its been a while since I've used glide).
Also, you put Evoodoo in your Project 64 directory.

OP
Dark

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
Now when I play, i'm using 1964 with I think either rice's daedaulus or glide64, and I select Jago and after that, it doesn't show anything but Jago, not even the people you verse and its like it froze, but the music still plays.

Legend

Hey Clements,

I've found that turning OFF "assume 32bit." in the rom properties FIXES the toolbar to make it SOLID green. :fullmop:

And KI using Glide64 doesn't work w/ PJ64.

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
Instead of trying to play kigold, you should download the u64 emu and the ki2 hd image and the romset. They are a little tough to find, but if you search for it you might be able to find them.

OP
Dark

Dark

The Dark Hedgehog
Killer Instinct Gold 2?

I didn't know that was out long ago.

*Wishes he bought it*

Clements

Dark said:
Killer Instinct Gold 2?

I didn't know that was out long ago.

*Wishes he bought it*

Nope, Killer Instinct 2. Killer Instinct Gold is a port of it for N64. Also, there are wild rumours about a SNES prototype KI2 cart that hasn't been found yet.

@Legend: Thanks!

raiden

Mystic Gohan said:
Instead of trying to play kigold, you should download the u64 emu and the ki2 hd image and the romset. They are a little tough to find, but if you search for it you might be able to find them.

yeah thats what i did when i could not ki gold to run. nothing emulates ki and ki2 better than u64, arcade perfect even. filemirrors is the best place to look for them

revl8er

That Damn Good
Yeah and another release was made recently by another author and it seems to fix some of the core problems with it. It has the tendency to crash when you perform certain fatalities for some reason. I'm still trying to find a way around that.