What's new

Just some minor, but annoying things (Kinda off-topic and long...PLEASE READ THIS!!)

Hyper19s

Banned
yes but is there any difference between the agp version and pci version of gf2mx400?

cause my old pci version works great (mx200) (although i upgraded)

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
dnrobs said:
you know something jessman i dont think you even read the responses to your questions, i have a suspicious feeling your just pulling our legs.there is only one way to solve the agp problem beg borrow or steal a digital camera or webcam and take a picture of youre motherboard or system devices and post it here cause im curious to know myself now.
but im pretty sure youve just wasted money on a pci card.
as for s-video leads they can be bought in most hi-fi electrical stores but can probablly be found cheaper on ebay.dont think im picking on you here cause im not quite the reverse i find most of your posts quite interesting,just lets settle this matter once and for all ok

uh......yeah..... I'm sorry if I come across as some bizarre person, but I usually don't double-check my posts. Also, I'm sorry, but I DO read responses. I just can't open up my pc....AGAIN. I installed a GFX card for the first time, and it was really frustrating for me. I had to open up my pc 3 times before it worked correctly. My Wal-Mart isn't the kinda place that'll easly let you sawp something either. They carry ONE pci card for $64 and the rest are AGP cards which are approximately over $120. Forget it. I'm sorry for these seeminly meaningless posts. nvm. Screw it.

jdsony

jessman1988 said:
uh......yeah..... I'm sorry if I come across as some bizarre person, but I usually don't double-check my posts. Also, I'm sorry, but I DO read responses. I just can't open up my pc....AGAIN. I installed a GFX card for the first time, and it was really frustrating for me. I had to open up my pc 3 times before it worked correctly. My Wal-Mart isn't the kinda place that'll easly let you sawp something either. They carry ONE pci card for $64 and the rest are AGP cards which are approximately over $120. Forget it. I'm sorry for these seeminly meaningless posts. nvm. Screw it.

ahhh, don't worry about it. I understand your pain. I use to always mess up my mom's work computers whenever she brought one home when I was about 13 so by the time I was 15 she was unlikely to let me touch them.

I'm not sure how much you would benefit from having the AGP version of of the same card. PCI versions are usually more expensive than their AGP counterpart since there are far less produced but you should only lose minimal amount of fps if any by using the PCI card.

TV-Out is generally included on the back of the video card itself (if your card came with it of course). Usually there is a little S-Video port right beside where you hook up the monitor. You can either buy an S-video cable (I'm sure Walmart would have them) or get an S-Video to Composite adapter incase your TV doesn't have S-Video input.

jdsony

Of course I see an Italian Flag so if you live in Italy the TV out might be totally different like SCART or something. I'm not sure if video cards tv out is different over there or not.

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
jdsony said:
Of course I see an Italian Flag so if you live in Italy the TV out might be totally different like SCART or something. I'm not sure if video cards tv out is different over there or not.

Nah, I live in the good ol' US. I may have italian blood, but I'm 100% American, lol. Thanks for the info anywayz.

Hey! My GF says that it has support for a TV in the booklet and on the back, but I don't have an S-Video output next to my VGA-out! WTF is wrong with my card? They lied to me! DANGIT!

Last edited:

dnrobs

thats odd i always thought us brits had to pay through the nose yet an fx5200 128 is only 45 pounds here aprrox 75 dollars?
mind you we do pay 5 dollars for a gallon of petrol so i guess it all adds up
hmmm maybe this post dosent belong in an emulation discussion board but im sure fellow brits understand my gripe

OP
jessman1988

jessman1988

Banned
dnrobs said:
thats odd i always thought us brits had to pay through the nose yet an fx5200 128 is only 45 pounds here aprrox 75 dollars?
mind you we do pay 5 dollars for a gallon of petrol so i guess it all adds up
hmmm maybe this post dosent belong in an emulation discussion board but im sure fellow brits understand my gripe

what are "pounds"? I don't mean to offend, but I thought that term hasn't been used for hundreds of years. Mind you, I'm only 15 and don't know that much.