What's new

Just Emulation talk and poll (resident evil and more)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireblade

hello all!
this is my first post and i would like to thank the developers of this site and all gamecube emulation programmers! you are doing a great job keep it up!

now as for the resident evil.

as you might already know real many people are waiting for a GameCube Resident evil 0 and 1-remake emulation. Can the developers emulate this game and is it so hard? my opinion is that developers should work on each game individually ( there are not so many GC games out there and even less - good GC games ) in that way i think they can achive better results.

and finally i ask programmers what do they think when there will be a good gamecube emulation i mean a real good one with very little bugs and most games 100% playable and all intro videos playable?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
There are a couple of GC games out there, actually. Go check nintendo's site.
At least a year before anything becomes playable, I'd guess. Even longer if you want better compability.

FiRES

Emulator Developer
Our focus isnt to play some games as good as possible. There is no reason to play a GC game on your PC instead of playing it on your GC.
My personal focus is it to be compatible as possible. Speed or other luxuriance doesnt matter.

cheers F|RES

OP
F

fireblade

and what about RE have you tested it?

"There is no reason to play a GC game on your PC instead of playing it on your GC."
well maybe in your country yes but in mine its really hard to find GC. and internet does not help... no one is sending products here.

-----ohhhh.. 1629 games... thats a big amount...-----

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Then you do well in importing ones. Emulation does nothing but destroy for developers for whatever purpose you have in mind when you're getting it instead of a real console.

OP
F

fireblade

i think people should all agree that real many people are waiting for residernt evil emulation. my opinion is that even if i had any possibility to buy CG i should think twice . the think is that i m not going to buy a GC because only of one game (you really dont want to hear my opinion about mario's and other kind of childish games) and the sad thing is that there arnt any other serious horror games on GC (correct me if i m wrong)

kage

fireblade said:
and the sad thing is that there arnt any other serious horror games on GC (correct me if i m wrong)

Oh yeah? What about Pikmin? Good grief man, they wont go away! They're even in my freekin' dreams...Oh crap I think one of the little buggers heard me, AHHHHH.

:ninja:

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
If all you want is to play Resident Evil, then buy a playstation or dreamcast.

If your still so determined to emulate resident evil games then you can use a playstation emu to do so.

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
@fireblade:
How old are you kid? You sound like the typical whiny little pre-teens that complain about everything. Let me guess, you're a little warez kiddy too who thinks that everyone should devote their efforts to making entertainment free for you. Your little attitude and views on emulation are the exact reason so many emu authors just quit. They do this for hobby and education. Not so they can play free games.

No grow up, shut up, and stop whining about your 'inconvience', and try supporting the industry by buy a dang GC and enjoy games the real way.

/end rant.

OP
F

fireblade

i think you are mistaken i was going to buy ps2 or dreamcast buT! resident evil 0 and the remake and 4th are exclusively for GC!
second
JOEL i dont know who are you but i think you should change your attitude.
i dont like flaming (SO DONT FORCE ME) with attitude like that you should recive nothing but flame
and the 3rd.
i understand that the developers of emulation software are !NOT! working for me and i have no reason to say that they should work harder! i dont know what made you so angry but read me post again you will see that i m greatfull to all who are working... and more
"""""You sound like the typical whiny little pre-teens that complain about everything""""" -please dont go into personal it will do no good for any of us!
"""little warez kiddy""" i have worned you once.... i wont do it again
so relax forget all your personal/life problems and try refresh your attitude.
and by the way im 19.

THE END

Alchy

fireblade said:
the think is that i m not going to buy a GC because only of one game (you really dont want to hear my opinion about mario's and other kind of childish games) and the sad thing is that there arnt any other serious horror games on GC (correct me if i m wrong)
If you don't own the system, you shouldn't be emulating it, as it's still very much alive - especially if you are able to buy the system and the games anyway. Nobody minds when people emulate SNES/NES/Atari 2600 games they don't have, as the systems are dead and no money would go to the devs even if you bought the game. In comparison, when you say you want an emulator for Gamecube so that you don't have to go out and buy it, you're taking money out of the developer's pockets, and as a request it starts to irritate people. It's like saying "spend lots of time and hard work for me so I can get free shit".

I don't have time to get into the "childish-games" debate, but I'll give you a quote from PA (the same one I always do in such situations):
Penny Arcade said:
But seriously, these guys think that Zelda is a game for kids. Well only KIDS would care that a game looks like it is for kids. It's like when you are 14 and your mom wants to get a picture of you on the merry go round with your little sister but you don't want to get on because it's for kids. Eventually you grow out of that phase and you can appreciate just having fun whether it be on the back of an undulating wooden horse or in front of a cell shaded video game.

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
Where did all the "friendly" members of this board go :ermm:... I think we should leave the piracy talk alone guys, it seems to degrade this very cool forum into a pile of steaming shit...

Last edited:

kage

I totally agree with bLAdEbLA, I think it should be part of the sticky (that no one seems to read around here).

This isn't lawtalk.net, its emu talk, can't we all just get along ;)

:ninja:

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
kage said:
This isn't lawtalk.net, its emu talk, can't we all just get along ;)

Kage, I hear ya buddy.

One time a monster was walking through the woods and he came to a house. Then he went into the house and ate some snacks.

Another quality post by me! :D

Martin

Administrator
People crying about why 'their" game isn't emulated is just lame, so I can't help to agree with joel_029.

Status
Not open for further replies.