What's new

Juddering in Fullscreen - yet perfect windowed

captaineos

Hi Everyone,

I have read these forum's heaps the last week - and thanks to the amazing work of others I now have an awesome Super Mario and Mario Kart 64 setup.

My main problem is when using the Rice 6.1.1 plugin (for high rez textures), the window mode is excellent - very smooth and no judder.

Its when i enter full screen that it random 'ghosts' or judders. For exmaple - turning a corner in Mario Kart will have the screen 'double' up for a split second, its hard to explain.

Is this a known problem?

I am using a Nvidia Gefore 6600GT with the latest drivers, Pentium 4 3.0Ghz 1MB L2, 512mb DDR400 and Windows XP

Your help would be great,
Jeremy

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Are 'Force Software Transform & Lighting' and 'Force Software Vertex Buffer' enabled. If enabling those doesn't help, try changing the Swap Effect to 'Copy'.

OP
C

captaineos

Thanks mate for your reply.

I wish I could say your suggestions worked - but the juddering got worse.
It makes it unplayable in full screen, the whole screen sorta doubles up.
What i mean is say the last frame jerks to back with the current frame - hard to explain without being able to actually show you.

this problem DOES NOT occour with Jobo's plugin - only with Rice and in full screen.

I love Rice's for the gorgeous textures, but i cant use it full screen because of the problem. It sure is nice to use Jobo's full screen - just miss the sharp textures !

Any other suggestions? Im using beta 10 of Rice's plugin

OP
C

captaineos

Here is what it looks like. Its a mockup in Photoshop - see how the background has doubles up?

Thats what happens in actual game play, but it jerks about like that quickly and so often that its unplayable.

Window mode, as i have said is fine. Is there perhaps a newer version than Beta 10 of Rice ?

Thanks !

View attachment 31986

OP
C

captaineos

Problem solved - possible bug in Rice!

Hey all,

after extensive testing, I have found the ONLY way to cure my probelm is setting the 'Full Scene Antialasing' and 'Anisotropic' to OFF.

Even if I just use FSA at 2x the problem is there, yet disable it and everything is back to normal with no juddering.

Its a shame really - with FSA at 4xS and Anistropic at 16x the jaggies were just gone, it rivals gamecube with good High Rez textures!

If your reading this and know who I should contact - let me know.
Perhaps I can provide extra information to fix the bug in the next beta?

Jeremy