What's new

Joypad Configuration Error...

Christoffah

Hi guys, I've had Project 1.3 for a few years and just dug it up recently.

I purchased a PSX controller as it was the only USB gaming controller I could find, and it worked well with v1.3. I then decided to upgrade to 1.6 when I heard it was available, and did so.

I then bought a 'N64 USB Converter', allowing me to plug an N64 controller into a box which converts it into a gaming controller. For about a day, it worked fine and I was playing GoldenEye just like it was on my N64!

However, the past few days has given me problems. Project64 1.3 says, "the memory pak is damaged, repair?" and then crashes. Project 1.6 works but only with the PSX controller settings that were previously in it. When trying to configure a button, I click it and immediately get the message:

ERROR
Sorry the input selection made is already in use.

I don't even get a chance to put in my desired button. I also find it weird that I get memory pak errors now in 1.3. Nonetheless, games in 1.3 now look weird whereas they are excellent in 1.6, it's just I have to use 'PSX' controller settings with my N64 controller (for example, to press 'START' I have to press the B button, A is C-right, and so on... it's odd.)

If anyone could possibly help me out here, I'd be extremely greatful. It would be awesome to play some 2 player games once I've got past a tiny bug in an otherwise superb emulator.

One more thing, if it helps. I saved my N64 controller figuration in 1.3 and when loading in 1.6 it immedately crashes. Compatibility is probably non-existant with this aspect, but I thought it might fix it...

Thanks again!! :bouncy:

Allnatural

Windows is sensing a constant input from your controller. Could be a calibration issue (check the Gaming Options applet in the Windows control panel), or could just be that your controller is a bit wonky, typically the analog stick. If it's the latter case, turning up the deadzone setting in the plugin while configuring the pad should help. Just remember to turn it back down afterward.

OP
Christoffah

Christoffah

Allnatural said:
Windows is sensing a constant input from your controller. Could be a calibration issue (check the Gaming Options applet in the Windows control panel), or could just be that your controller is a bit wonky, typically the analog stick. If it's the latter case, turning up the deadzone setting in the plugin while configuring the pad should help. Just remember to turn it back down afterward.

Kudos central to you! Thanks a lot :D Turns out that setting the deadzone then recalibrating the controller 10 times fixed it. it was some problem with the axis of the controller, making the analog stick seem wonky as you said, I dont have a clue about the axis at all but with trial and error I managed to fix it. Thanks again, feel good cos you've made someone happy today :bouncy: :bouncy: