What's new

Jet Force Gemini Controls

TheOps

I recently downloaded the JFG ROM and it runs fine but i hate the controls. Is there anyway to use the mouse in the controls?

Or does PJN64 have the plugins to use a joy stick if i bought one?

Basically whats the best controls for the game :/

Last edited:
OP
T

TheOps

I didnt like any of those controls and i tested some other plugins and it was still bad :/

If i bought a USB/N64 converter would that be able to just plugin and play?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
The only choices you have are either Darkman's plugin or the N-Rage Input plugin

OP
T

TheOps

If anyone has played JFG with Darkmans plugin can u post a SS of ur control config?

OP
T

TheOps

Srry im not quite sure what u mean.

You can jsut take a ss of ur desktop with the config open....

I mean specific controls, if anyone has used DarkMan to play JFG.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Srry im not quite sure what u mean.

You can jsut take a ss of ur desktop with the config open....

I mean specific controls, if anyone has used DarkMan to play JFG.
Yeah, you're right. I checked it, no JFG profile. My memories faked me.

OP
T

TheOps

Ok well if anyone played JFG using an emu could u post a ss or say what controls you used plz

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
I recommend the N-Rage plugin found here: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=36135
Also, think for yourself a bit. Figure out which button does what, and assign a controller button you think works well for that action. People ask "what's the best config for such and such game?" I always just make my own and adjust it as I go until I don't need to anymore. I have a different profile for almost every game I've played on PJ, and a couple generic ones that are quickly adjusted to a specific game.

OP
T

TheOps

Thx i didnt know there was a newer version then what i had its a little better im gonna try to mess around with it for a bit.

OP
T

TheOps

*bump*

Well i went back and played it on my N64 and the controls werent the best there either i realized.

i actually tried and collected all those damn tribals and now im stuck on Mizar :p Too bad JFG was never sequeled or atleast remade for a newer console :/

ganstac56

rite now i have all the plugins but none seem to help me change weapons in jet force gemini i am now stuck on the first level at the door where u have to shoot the target to change weapons any ideas why i cant switch weapons on the n range plugin an darkman plugin too?

papasmurf45

rite now i have all the plugins but none seem to help me change weapons in jet force gemini i am now stuck on the first level at the door where u have to shoot the target to change weapons any ideas why i cant switch weapons on the n range plugin an darkman plugin too?

i have the same problem do i need a new plug in or something i've tried for a while to try and switch weopons i even placed the weapons in the start menu to the the different things but i still can't change them? any help would be appreciated i did use the cheat to unlock all weopons when i started to play hoping i could just mess around but if i have to start over its not a problem.

The plug-ins i am using are
graphics- jabos Direct3d8.1.6
sound- jabosdirectsound1.6
input- Jabos directinput7 1.6

if theres any other plugins you'd suggest to help me play jetforce gemini if i ever fix this problem feel free to do so.

edit- i apologize for bumping an older thread i just realized that

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
1. Don't dig up old threads.
2. Get new N-Rage HERE, as I said in my last post you can find that in the plugins forum.

RegisteredUser

1. Don't dig up old threads.
2. Get new N-Rage HERE, as I said in my last post you can find that in the plugins forum.

Ok,
I downloaded that and used it, but it did not work.

and sorry for digging up an old thread that had to do with my topic and was not very long at all :unsure: I will never understand people's pet peeves against forum necromancy when it is on topic and relevant.