What's new

Japanese in-game error message (ikaruga)

phono

Hello. I'm new here but I have read the FAQ and I'm pretty sure my question haven't already been answered.

I DLed the last version of Chankast, my comp reach the required conf, I can make Chankast run properly and all.
I DLed a torrent of Ikaruga cdi, used Daemon Tools to mount it.
The loading goes his way then there is a screen saying "Now loading" and then there is a black screen with 4 or 5 lines of kanjis I obviously can't understand. I know that this is the emulator forum and not the ikaruga rom forum but I guess I'm not the only one wanting to play this game so maybe some of you saw this message too.

Thanks for your help !

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Have you tried pressing buttons or does it just sit there no matter what you do?

IIRC, Ikaruga makes a note that the VMU doesn't hold any Ikaruga data/the VMU is not formatted.

OP
P

phono

No matter what button i push the screen remains the same, and there is no understandable sign at all (like no number or something like that) either.
The screens I see are in that order:

-Dreamcast screen with Red Spire
- SEGA screen with "released by Dolmexica" and stuff
- A super high-speed screen where it says "Ikaruga for dreamcast, copyright by treasure. Now, Loading..."
- and like 1/2 second later there is the black screen of death with 6 lines of kanji

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
phono said:
No matter what button i push the screen remains the same, and there is no understandable sign at all (like no number or something like that) either.
The screens I see are in that order:

-Dreamcast screen with Red Spire
- SEGA screen with "released by Dolmexica" and stuff
- A super high-speed screen where it says "Ikaruga for dreamcast, copyright by treasure. Now, Loading..."
- and like 1/2 second later there is the black screen of death with 6 lines of kanji
Can you screenshot it? I'd be interested in seeing this.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Hmm.... It says that you need a memory card with 34 free blocks to save your progress. You can avoid this message if you press the "start" (or maybe the "b"?) button but you won't be able to save your progress.
If you want to be able to save you need a formatted memory card with enough free blocks. Refer to the Chankast FAQ for info on how to format a memory card.

OP
P

phono

Wow ! Thanks ! No button works though, I'm gonna try with the format thing on mem card =)

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Pressing one of the buttons will work. Just see where you assigned the "start", "A" and "B" buttons and press one of them. It will work.
Formatting the memory card is a better option however. :)

OP
P

phono

I formatted and it works ! The thing is also that I got an issue when I programmed the keys last day and it didn't work as I thought it would so my keys where not correctly set.
Thanks for help =)