What's new

jabos plugins

minkster

Are the sources for jabo's plugins released because if someone decided to improve it, the textures could look a lot nicer (2xsai or hq2x). Also since the compatiblity works good with a lot graphics cards, it would impress a lot of people.

OP
minkster

minkster

i know they are discontinued but did jabo let out a source code to his plugins so people could improve it

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
But it's jabo...
U never know wheather jabo will continue his work.
I'm waiting 4 a new Jnes release,too. And that 4 a long time... :p

vleespet

The decent one
Jabo will release stuff when it's ready. There might be a tiny update of Jabo's D3D in the far future, and for the notes: Jabo has NEVER released any of the source codes of one of his plugins.

Edit: and this topic doesn't belong to 1964.

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

If you read the great interview Gent did with Jabo see: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=20311
for the link.

You'd notice mention of a version which had these things implemented. However it seems that it isn't intended for release (at the moment anyways) and is just a now and again hobby for Jabo.

So whilst from that interview it doesn't seem to be 100% dead, I shan't hold my breath for a new release for the moment.

Clements

Yep, Jabo is indeed a very busy guy and doesn't have a lot of time right now to work on a lot of projects, especially one as tough as an N64 GPU plugin (as the current bug threads for Direct64 and Rice's Video show, it's a tough job). His plugin is excellent already, but JNes could use a bit of polish ;)

OP
minkster

minkster

wow i never knew jabo was a very busy man and workin on hard projects too. me gives jabo big round of applause :)