What's new

Jabo's plugin acting funny

metsfan

I am currently using a Nintendo GameCube controller hooked up to a Gamecube to USB adapter. The adapter has 3 settings: Flight mode, Analog mode, and Digital mode. Since the top trigger buttons(L and R) are analog, the adapter treats them as axes rather than buttons in flight and analog mode. However, in digital mode, it does treat them as buttons. However, the problem is that even when the controller is in digital mode, Jabo's plugin is still treating the buttons like axes rather than buttons. Meanwhile, N-Rage's plugin is able to distinguish between the different modes. Why is Jabo's plugin doing this? Is it just a sucky plugin or am i doing somethign wrong here?

You are probably thinking to yourself "well, why don't you just use N-Rage's plugin? Problem solved, n00b!". Well, the problem is that i primarily bought this adapter to play over the internet on Project64k, so i need Jabo's plugin working correctly, otherwise i cant play over the internet with this controller because the Kaillera client uses Jabo's input plugin. Please help.

Last edited:

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Try using JoyToKey.
JoyToKey
With this program, you can map an axis to a keyboard keypress (digital). Then all you have to do is assign the keyboard key to the appropriate button. Just keep JoyToKey running in the background.

squeakypants

Also, the newest Project64k lets you use any input plugin.

Also, also, try xpadder or glovepie. Much better/easier software.