What's new

Jabo's DirectX...

SaxxonPike_

Is it possible to reduce the NearClip value? I notice in games such as Extreme-G when the camera is very close to the landscape, a good 25% of the screen disappears. Otherwise, I believe it to be a really solid plugin. Thanks :D

Also, I'd like to add that the shine-effect on the ACCLAIM text in Extreme-G 2 doesn't exist with the plugin. Instead, all I see is a cloud texture. Oddly enough, the first game showed it just fine.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If you want to recode the plugin, sure. I'd still wait for the release of Jabo's new plugin (or sign up for PJ64 1.7 beta) if I were you, though.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
If you want to recode the plugin, sure. I'd still wait for the release of Jabo's new plugin (or sign up for PJ64 1.7 beta) if I were you, though.

Yeah i signed up for the PJ64 beta and have to say its well worth it. :)

OP
S

SaxxonPike_

Recode the plugin... as if they'd send me the source, ha! (All the nearclip would take is a CONST change anyway, that's it.)

I figured I'd suggest it anyway, even with the new plugin around the corner. I don't know if it was changed or added as an option in 1.7, and can't donate or anything to be able to see it in action anyway. (as much as I'd like to donate out of kindness -- PJ64 has allowed me to relive the good times when the real carts went bad)

Anyway... when using the Direct64 plugin, specular surfaces seem to be fully working in those games, at least.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You might want to give Glide64 (and hactarux's or ziggy's wrapper, of course) a try, since it's one of the most accurate graphics plugins around (dare I even say the most accurate one at the moment).

mudlord

Banned
You might want to give Glide64 (and hactarux's or ziggy's wrapper, of course) a try, since it's one of the most accurate graphics plugins around (dare I even say the most accurate one at the moment).

Indeed, tho Jabo's beta plugin is getting recent gains in this department. Well, Glide64 will very soon support hi-res textures through Glide64HQ, which also helps things....