What's new

Jabo 1.4

dillyalex

what u thankin me for we should be thankin you guys who work hard to put out a good emulator all we end users do is use and complain (At least the sturborn people who think they know what is good but they never even coded squat before )

Hmm Ur Right..It is kinda ugly but hey what can i say

I'll redo at 1280x1024 resolution

(By the way it is a screenshot from 1964)
:D
gr8 emu guys(schibo+rice) its my current favourite

:1964:

:nemu:

Last edited:

abdulla

personally i prefer 1964, things like netplay and an open source iniative i really admire, i hope it will be one of if not the great n64 emulator when its finished, btw jfletcher why do you still have a voodoo 3 if you have a geforce 3, don't tell me you still use ultrahle ;)

Eddy

I Run This
Just a comment

lots of good things have been done to 1964 since i started testing, development has gone crazy! from 0.6.4 to 0.7 (only 1 release) the emu has improved too much, in all aspects, the only problem is the error handling.

Jfletcher

abdulla said:
personally i prefer 1964, things like netplay and an open source iniative i really admire, i hope it will be one of if not the great n64 emulator when its finished, btw jfletcher why do you still have a voodoo 3 if you have a geforce 3, don't tell me you still use ultrahle ;)

There are still a couple games I have like Ultima IX that work like shit under D3D. I get 10-20 FPS in Ultima IX with a Geforce 3???
Unreal Tournament looks better too. I did still use Ultra HLE up until a month ago because it played Zelda at full speed, but now it's just totally surpassed by PJ64, 1964, and Apollo.

zilmar

Emulator Developer
is 1964 faster in all games now or just Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, CBFD ? and is that compairing using HLE audio on both ?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
The way I would put it, is that PJ is much slower in a minority of games (GE, PD) than in most games, and 1964 is a lot (like 2 or 3 hundred percent) faster in those few games... someone needs to pick a set of games (like Mario, Zelda1 and GE) and compare with limiters off (that will be me probably, yay for muggins :p)

I don't think it's the RSP either Alist is never more than about 10% while the R4300i is taking >70%.... the difference with RSP audio on/off isn't even noticable :/ This is what im getting with PD anyway.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Zilmar and Smiff

Don't count GE, it is an exception. I am using a TLB hack for it, to skip TLB looking up in the 32/64 TLB entries, this increases speed on GE about 10~20%, vi/s from ~32 to ~36 on my PIII-600/voodoo3.

No other game is using similar hacks.

Rice

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i think the actual biggest problem in this version, other than the 'video update' error, is the audio. something has been broken in this version, as i swear the audio wasnt as crackly. in pj64 azimar's audio plugins work much better.

Rice

Emulator Developer
I have seen Audio is broken in 1080, should be PI/SI/SP timing related.

But sk8, I have not noticed more than that, can you compare 1964 0.6.4 with 0.7.0 in some games that you think Audio is worse. (with speed autosync on.)

Rice

sk8bloke22

roll for life
ill download 0.6.4 again (i think i deleted it ??? ). i think broken was the wrong word. im just talking about games where sound quality seems to have sufficiently decreased. off the top of my head i can only thing of the Tony Hawk series which worked really well soundwise in the last version. i find out wat else l8er. not 2nite though :)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Rice said:
Zilmar and Smiff

Don't count GE, it is an exception. I am using a TLB hack for it, to skip TLB looking up in the 32/64 TLB entries, this increases speed on GE about 10~20%, vi/s from ~32 to ~36 on my PIII-600/voodoo3.

No other game is using similar hacks.

Rice

EDIT: ok thanks but there's a much bigger difference than 10-20%... you can add an extra 0 to those figures... heh.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
well from what I've seen tonight I don't think 1964 core is generally faster than PJ64 core (or slower)... Zelda seems very similar.... it's complicated by CFs and Self mod methods and so on... what's not in dispute is how much faster 0.7x is than 0.6x :D

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Rice where did u get that hack for GE?

ps if this is offensive to anyone, moderators please delete this post.:plain:

Rice

Emulator Developer
You will see it when we release 0.7.0 source code after releasing the next version of binary.

btw, Zelda is not using TLB at all. I don't know what you mean that Zelda slows down when TLB turns on, AFAIK zelda should not slow down at all because it does not use TLB.

And GE is using TLB very much.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
oh, nevermind, i got TLB confused with frame buffer emulation.:blush:

i dont know these things as well as you guys, they are probably very different things.

Last edited: