What's new

Issue with Rice Video plugin

Santa7

I have been using Rice Video plug-in specifically for high-resolution packs, and overall it has been working (mostly) great. However I have been experiencing one particular issue, when I change to full screen it works fine but while getting out, reseting the ROM, or trying to access any of the other commands PJ64 freezes and must be ended manually. Other video plug-ins such as Jabo's Direct3D8 and other Jabo variations.
To give some specs:
Windows XP Professional SP2 /w all updates
AMD Athlon 64 2x 3800+
ATI Radion 3850 Overclocked
Project64 1.6 & 1.7.0.49 (both experience this error)

Games I've tried, Legend of Zelda OOT, Starfox 64, Majora's Mask, Super Mario 64

OP
S

Santa7

I use it for High-Def packs, I have other plug-ins that all work fine but the only reason I am using Rice is for the packs

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Th reason I'm suggesting GlideHQ in the first place is because it supports texture packs. :/ Believe me, I did read the part where you said "high-resolution packs".

mudlord

Banned
Yeah but GlideHQ reads like hardly anything.

Hardly any packs work with it.

You really should check out the newest GlideHQ release. It improves a bit on previous releases. But I doubt it has issues with all texture packs, since I personally test and have contributed to it.

Which packs have you had trouble with?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Give it a try, why don't you? You need a decent graphics card to take full advantage of what Glide64 has to offer, and I haven't run into any serious problems with my games (although it's been a while since I last played Mario Party).

A.I.

Banned
ppl please... Napalm rules the roost now... Rice kicked the plugin bucket a long time ago...