What's new

Issue with gameplay speed being 2x mormal(at least) in mvc2

Micr0w3d

I have mvc2 up and running, mostly, and its quite smooth, frame-rate is good, except the characters are moving at more that twice the normal speed. Its not an in game setting, does anyone have any idea of how to fix this?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I don't remember having this problem back when I used to play MvC2 on Chankast. Does this happen on any other Dreamcast emulator?

AdamR

Bean
I started using Chankast today and found this happens to me on Sonic Adventure. It's very difficult to control. I put the CPU speed down to 50%, made no effect on anything.

Edit: Looking around, it may help if I specify:

I am not using the Capcom hack.
I'm already running my screen at 60 Hz with VSYNC forced on (although that setting only applies to OpenGL applications, if Chankast uses that).
I'm running an AMD Athlon 64 x2 4800+ (2.4 GHz) on Windows XP Pro x64, nVidia GeForce 8800GT (SLi).

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

I know I'll probably get yelled at for this, but if your PC can handle which it should if it can handle a slow, poorly compatible and buggy DC emulator such as Chankast:

Try NullDC instead it has options to sync/limit FPS if your games are too fast, is loads more compatible and stable than Chankast plus you will find many more games work nearly error free with NullDC compared to Chankast.

Chankast is no longer being updated, has been declared a dead project by the community and hasn't seen a release in over 2 years.

Continuing to use Chankast will only cause problems which are unlikely to ever be fixed which more recent emulators such as NullDC have already solved as well as a load of other problems.