What's new

Issue with Demul 0.5.6

stikku

Hey people, i'm getting a problem in Demul.

Every time i try to start a game, Demul just plays the dreamcast logo then loads in the CD-music menu. I'm using the gdrDemul plugin and pointing it to one of my disc drives, where I have a ripped disc. This method has worked for other emulators so I know it can be done.

The first time I tried this out, I popped in a copy of Rez and started up the emulator. In the title bar of the emulator, it said the name of video plugin i was using followed by "REZ", but even then it just loaded to the music menu.

Subsequent times, it doesn't say the name of the game but only says "Flash Internet Options".

Just tried again with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and it says "JOJO S BIZARRE ADVENTURE" in the title bar, but it's still only booting to the music menu.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Try loading a disc image directly (i.e. rip your disc into an image) with gdrImage and see if that changes things.

OP
S

stikku

worked with gdrImage and an image. Does this narrow down the problem with the disc reader any?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Personally, I've never had much luck with the disc reader plugin, so now I only use the gdrImage plugin.