What's new

iss 64 configuration

saintric_21

H i im hoping somebody can help me.I have been playing iss98 on project64 1.6 and it works perfectly but when i tried to play iss 64 it has graphical problems (the players have a black shadow square around the bottom) i have tried numerous plug ins (glide64 didnt work somthing about my video card being crap (i have a ati radeon express 200m ) and emulators but none seem to help straighten the game out.

weird thing is i remember playing iss 64 with no problems about a year ago on the same pc but its been wiped and re installed windows xp since then so lost all the stuff
can anyone help!! this was posting in the wrong forum before sorry

OP
S

saintric_21

I take it nobody has iss64 running without errors on their pc?

::unsure: i wonder why this is so hard to emulate....

OP
S

saintric_21

thanks for the reply!

i admit glide64 did seem to make a difference but the only thing is are there any settings i could try change like frame rates? it either flickers every few seconds or there is a black shadow round their feet what could i try to sort them out?

Trotterwatch

Ok, I did a test using:

PJ64 1.7 (I'll test other emulators in a sec) PJ64 1.6 (works fine)
Glide64 Wonder plus (latest released version)
Glide3x wrapper from this page > at the bottom (http://emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=41016)

Just played a game, graphics are fine, no flickering (an issue I've had before in this game too). No shadow issue either.

In the wrapper config I have:

All options unchecked except:
Use dithered alpha

(the GLSL option requires a graphics card with GL 2.0 support). If not you can check that in order to use the fallback option.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Last edited:
OP
S

saintric_21

thanks trotterwatch for your input really appreciated! i have had success in making this game work with the settings you gave and i also tried Mupen64 with glide64 plugin and it worked great aswell only the audio is very very slightly choppy.

hope this thread helps anyone else trying to make this game run, as on all other message boards i have read a few people are having problems emulating this game...thanks again trotterwatch