What's new

Is this possible?

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Original DC video uses MPEG Sofdec codecs. I have seen programs that can supposedly convert these to a standard video format for play on a pc, but I've never tried them, and can't really remember where I've seen them.

OP
diablo2121

diablo2121

teh diAbLo
Oh ok, I'll look into that, thanks. Does anyone know of the app that can do that?

.::EDIT::.

Ok, I think I found a app [vcdgear].

My next question is how do I know which files are the cutscenes in a game image?

Last edited:
OP
diablo2121

diablo2121

teh diAbLo
You know what? I think you're right. Haha, wow I guess I was so engulfed in the extracting and coverting processes that I forgot about that. Thanks. :p

OP
diablo2121

diablo2121

teh diAbLo
OK, now I mounted a Grandia 2 image (one that has fmv :)) and I tried converting the .sfd's to .mpeg's but they wouldn't play. So, I played the .sfd files using VLC and they play (with no sound since the .sfd don't have an audio track). Is there anyway to play the .sfd at full speed because the video is playing kind of choppy.

.::EDIT::.
Sorry for the questions everyone, but I found out how to run the vids smoothly. Now my next question [XD] is how can I find the corresponding sound file and combine the two? Thanks for all the help everyone.

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
if you can find the right audio file then you should be able to use windows movie maker (assuming your video file can be used with it) to add the audio. there was a freeware program that could do this as welli think it was called mp3freeze though im not positive on that.

edit . ok i found it. it was virtualdub mp3 freeze. you can get it here
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=Virtualdub_MP3_Freeze

Last edited:
OP
diablo2121

diablo2121

teh diAbLo
Oh ok thanks. Some of the CG .sfd aren't converting. They will start to convert but then stop and I eventually have to cancel. I'm using WinAVI to convert the .sfd into .mpeg. Any ideas?

OP
diablo2121

diablo2121

teh diAbLo
I've tried using those that too but no dice. Also, I read that audio files come in .afs format, not mp3, can virtualdub use that format?

OP
diablo2121

diablo2121

teh diAbLo
OK, I'm about to get semi-specific now. The current apps I'm using to convert are winAVI to convert the .sfd files to .mpg [vcdgear would convert with no usable video track] and I'm using AFS Explorer to extract the the .adx files and convert them to .mp3 or .wav with Konvertor. OK, I am extracting vid and audio from Grandia 2. Does anyone know where to find video on special moves? I am looking for Melfice's Wailing Soul Slash move. The only .sfd files I can find are the G2 CG vids, but none of the others. Maybe the battle scenes are in a different format. If anyone can give me some info, I would appreciate it.