What's new

Is this configuration nice enough?

Teepo

I actually have a pentium III 450 Mhz, 128 MB DIMM, with a onboard video card SIS 620 and as sound card a Cretive Live Value...
Of course the games on Project 64 are pretty Slow, and I thinking of migrating to a 2 Ghz Pentium IV, 512 MB DDR, Video card Geforce 2 MX 440 64 MB, Creative Live 5.1 as a sound card, next month... Do you think that I can play the games nicely, something as 30-50 Fps or so on Project 64?
Do I have to set the RBG emulation on for playing it perfectly or can I use 3d Direct Hal instead? At this last set I can reach sometimes 3-10 Fps at some games such as Mario Party 3 but the sound is kind of distrorted and pretty unsync...
I Bought my last computer in late 1999, it has been quite a while and the emulation of n 64 just started in that year...

DarkKnight38

The original
It definitly beats the hell out of my comp (read sig), and i can run most games just fine. Although if i was you, i'd only get something like a 1.5ghz and spend the money saved on a geforce 3 ti or a geforce 4 ti. That may be a better choice.

Last edited:

sk8bloke22

roll for life
not necessirly better. but cheaper ;) . forget any mx card, unless ur on a serious budget (of like under £50 for a video card, although u could still probably find better). wateva u do dont get fooled by gf4 mx's, they're just cranked up geforce 2s, without the dx8 features.

Maximus

Well, since your vdo display is on-board chipset (Sis 620) which is not a 3D accerelator, I think you can only set to RGB Emulation...
Hey, if you're not in tight budget,how about try this system spec.
Intel P4 2GHz
I845G chipset Motherboard (w/5.1 Surrond Snd built-in, support AGP 8x, DDR400)
ATI Radeon 9000 PRO (or 9700, which is better and more expensive, but more valuable)

Fudge3000

NO NO NO!

With the release of the P4 2.8 ghz early september, Intel will reportedly cut the 2.53 to 250 BUCKS!!!

The 2600+ Athlon XP cannot even tough a 2.53 with RD Ram!

Wait for the 2.53 GHZ! Not to mention the fact that at least then, you won't have to deal with crappy, korean/generic AMD motherboards...hell...the best chipset on an AMD board is made by Nvidia...that's saying something.

flow``

flow``
wtf fudge.. you're stupid. please know wtf you're talking about before you say some crap like that.

AMD Athlon XP is very high quality and in most benchmarks outperforms most P4 cpu's.

as far as "korean/generic AMD mobo's..".. uh.. right

asus, msi, and other's are quite high quality.

whatboy

AMD or INTEL... oh mi God...

I have work with both but I kind like Intel over AMD, not for speed or burgouse (Is that spelled right???)... but because AMD is HOT, really really HOT... I have installed 6 fans inside my machine and I still don't like the way my CPU gets hotter... And to think about a Water cooler... yeah right like 500 bucks... forget it...

Read the next article... or if you don't wanna read just check the pics...
http://www4.tomshardware.com/cpu/01q3/010917/index.html

cpu2.jpg