What's new

Is there really a market for "wow gold?"

Allnatural

The bots seem to think so. How does this work? You pay someone real money and they give you fake, videogame money? I'm genuinely naive here...

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I've read a report, that in China there are a lot kids, which can play for free to make as much money as possible and the guys, which offer this kind of service are selling this WoW Gold on ebay-like plattforms.
Crazy stuff... really!

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I was real life friends with someone who purchased WoW gold. I was in the same guild with him and spent a lot of time raiding with them to get us to a decent content level. Then he goes and does something completely stupid and buys 5K WoW gold so he can farm more effectively on an epic mount. I quit that guild and server thereafter. I have no time or respect for people who support a this type of thing. Those gold sellers are often the same ones hacking accounts.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Hmmm... never thought, that the almighty Azi supports such a bullshit!
I should stop to drink, aswelll... hmmm...

revl8er

That Damn Good
Its a common thig these days in every mmorpg. I dont play WoW, but i know it happens in Maplestory and they are usually the hackers selling the gold.

smcd

FF Online has it too. Basically you-name-the-online-game-with-"valuable"-parts and there's someone trying to sell 'em to ya.

revl8er

That Damn Good
I've seen it where they try to charge to power level a character for you to a certain level. The problem with this is they usually hack on the character so it's not really worth doing, also your character will never be considered legit if anyone finds out. I say just stay away from crap like that, it's a game and it's supposed to take time to get to a certain level and also it just feels much better when you do everything yourself.