What's new

Is there any chance that 1964 could zupport 7-Zip archives?

Poobah

I recently stumbled upon a certain somewhere, where the roms are all in 7-Zip format. This format, with the right options, does a fantastic job of compressing similar roms (different versions, PAL, NTSC) all into one archive with roughly the original file's filesize.

Now, since I'd like to try all of my roms, and I have nowhere near the amount of hard-disk space required to have them all extracted, I was wondering if there is any chance of 1964 supporting the format...

7-Zip is entirely open-source, too...

smcd

why not just associate 1964 with the files and then to run it open the 7z and double click the file? saves trouble and is a lot easier. edit: (sorry for duplicate posts earlier)

Last edited:
OP
Poobah

Poobah

Well I guess I could, but then it wouldn't appear in the GUI, and I wouldn't be able to change all the options and stuff for it.

Zoldier01

Insanity's greater form
7zip isnt really used that much yet, as soon as it beats winrar I geuss you can.

But I always extract my roms anyway.

~ Zoldier01

OP
Poobah

Poobah

I'm talking about maybe 30 gig of roms (complete set) when extracted, so I have to keep them archived.

Zoldier01

Insanity's greater form
Poobah said:
I'm talking about maybe 30 gig of roms (complete set) when extracted, so I have to keep them archived.

Buy bigger hard rive XD

No really, that was just a joke.

You can also extract them, and readd them to a rar archive, mabey less comprimized, but better then nothing.

At least untill the support is up :p

~ Zoldier01

OP
Poobah

Poobah

I actually have a 120GB hard-disk, but it's pretty-much full, so I'll have to save up and buy a 250GB one for roms and downloads.

Putting them in a RAR archive wouldn't really help, because only the 7z format can compress multiple files into one file.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Err wha...? All compression software can compress multiple files into an archive, if that's what you mean. About the HD topic, 250 gb hds aren't even expensive anymore, so go for one... yes, a good choice.